• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 carpet

Sidmoe

I bought my 2002 a few years back and finally have the funds to restore it. I’ve been looking at carpet kits for my car and I’ve found only a couple of options but i don’t know which one will look the best. I was looking at the 15 piece carpet kit from only02.com but my father said it’ll just be a headache to install, My 2nd option is to buy the one piece carpet from stockinterior.com but it says it doesn’t have the rearseat riser. I’m  Super  confused on which one will look better! Is there any other options that’ll work? 

C2BCD467-A7E6-4DE7-B745-684C3863E515.png

7978AEA8-415E-42D9-BE85-1E291AF00297.png

With all due respect to your father, the multi-piece carpet is going to be the nicest way to go.  While it is true that the multi-piece carpet can be a "headache" to install, it'll give you the nicest end product.  The aftermarket 1-piece kits I've worked with do not fit all that well.

Esty here on the FAQ also makes multi-piece carpets, as alluded to by JAE.

Best of luck.

esty is the way to go. She made a trunk carpet for me that matches the original blue in my 76. Then I had a sisal carpet I bought on etsy shipped to her, and she made custom cut front and rear carpet sets. Beautiful!!

Years ago my magician upholsterer custom cut full carpet including trunk for my E9. As original as you can get. He is super busy doing Astons and private airplanes with a wait time to infinity. 

esty is as good as my guy dan and the turnaround time is quick!

6 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

With all due respect to your father, the multi-piece carpet is going to be the nicest way to go.  While it is true that the multi-piece carpet can be a "headache" to install, it'll give you the nicest end product.  The aftermarket 1-piece kits I've worked with do not fit all that well.

Esty here on the FAQ also makes multi-piece carpets, as alluded to by JAE.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the info! I think I’m gonna buy a carpet kit from esty:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve oneill said:

esty is as good as my guy dan and the turnaround time is quick!

i appreciate the promo but i have to put the truth in the advertising...

COVID has turned my carpet making time upside down because of forced closures, reduced hours or staffs, etc, ...i'm not behind to infinity but am more so than i've ever been....the biggest cause is my real job had to shut down for 2 months as a non-essential business, two of us agreed to man the ship, keeping it afloat and i am one of those lucky people...i've been working 12 hour days since March, which has seriously cut into my extracurricular carpet making hobby

thankfully everyone waiting has been very patient and understanding or i probably would have taken a hiatus from carpet making already    THANK YOU, GUYS AND GIRLS

if anyone waiting on a carpet set from me see's this......if i haven't been in touch and/or you haven't received your order yet,  i'm working on things asap

• Like 4