• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolt On Bliss Subwoofer enclosure

fastricky

Howdy, does anyone here have this installed? Based on my success with the BOB kick panels I'll bet it's great, but I wonder if I need to get two for each side of the rear seat or just one? BTW for some reason I can't checkout on their site, says they are not configured to receive payments at this time... not sure what's up with that.

https://boltonbliss.bigcartel.com/product/bmw-2002-subwoofer-enclosure

Edited by fastricky

Rich,

A few years ago I got something similar to this for the 911. I put it under the passenger seat. It delivers adequate bass, has a wired volume remote and is about the size of a hardcover book. Plugs right into the radio.

I have the volume turned up just a hair. You can hardly tell it's there, but that's how I like it. Bass IMO should be there, but not THAT noticeable. Certainly not thumpy. I find it's fine for my needs. I have it velcroed to the floor so no screws penetrating the floor pan.

I think having two would be overkill.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Compact-Enclosed-Subwoofer/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=under+seat+subwoofer&qid=1595935965&sr=8-4

• Like 2

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

37 minutes ago, bluebmw said:

One is plenty for an 02. I modified mine to accept a low-profile 8" sub and it works great. Think it only required some light trimming/sanding.

link to 8" sub? 

You know what they say, those extra 2" can satisfy an entire car full of girls. 

Size matters. 

• Like 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

23 hours ago, danco_ said:

link to 8" sub? 

You know what they say, those extra 2" can satisfy an entire car full of girls. 

Size matters. 

Hmm, I think it's a JBL but I don't recall the exact model. It's whatever Jason recommended at the time (~2012).

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2020 at 5:39 AM, NYNick said:

Rich,

A few years ago I got something similar to this for the 911. I put it under the passenger seat. It delivers adequate bass, has a wired volume remote and is about the size of a hardcover book. Plugs right into the radio.

I have the volume turned up just a hair. You can hardly tell it's there, but that's how I like it. Bass IMO should be there, but not THAT noticeable. Certainly not thumpy. I find it's fine for my needs. I have it velcroed to the floor so no screws penetrating the floor pan.

I think having two would be overkill.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW11-Compact-Enclosed-Subwoofer/dp/B00BO8O9XQ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=under+seat+subwoofer&qid=1595935965&sr=8-4

Searching through the forum today on just this topic. I'd like something to sit under the passenger seat. This Kenwood sub might be the one. Thanks for confirming my idea. Does anyone else use one of these in their 2002?

Bozeman, MT
1971 Colorado Orange 2002

PEH_5055.jpeg

I’ve been running one of Eurotrash’s Bolt-on-bliss enclosures with 6” JL sub and I can give it enthusiastic thumbs up. Fits perfectly.  I’m powering it with an Alpine mono class D, gives a good foundation to the music.

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy

I've had the Bolt on Bliss Sub-Woofer box paired with the Rear Speaker upholstered box, both for about 5 years, they really look great in a 2002 

38797044_1859942277387495_5279894109761306624_n.jpg 

Rear Speakers 

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

• Like 2

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

2 hours ago, chargin said:

I've had the Bolt on Bliss Sub-Woofer box paired with the Rear Speaker upholstered box, both for about 5 years, they really look great in a 2002 

38797044_1859942277387495_5279894109761306624_n.jpg

Thank you for posting this photo, it raises the #1 question I have had regarding if I should buy one of these or not (well, it's actually the #2 question as I have an AGM battery mounted in that space at the moment but that is besides the point). It looks there like your front seatbelt reel is bolted behind the rear footwell panel. Mine are as well.  Did you have to modify the enclosure to accept that? If so, do you have an open hole in the enclosure or have you patched it to keep it sealed?

Edited by toddfx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, toddfx said:

do you have an open hole in the enclosure or have you patched it to keep it sealed?

yes to opening a hole to clearance the seat belt, I sealed the hole with fiberglass shaped to fit around the winder 

sorry no photos 

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook