• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAT has been sold?

Mike A

Probably belongs on OffTopic but I hear Hearst Communications  (R&T, C&D,etc) now owns the platform. Apologies if  posted previously

Edited by Mike A

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Randy Nonnenberg (the founder) sold Bring a Trailer to Hearst Communications last month. Apparently, he and his complete staff will continue working there and nothing will change as far as daily operations go...but they always say that lol. 

• Like 2

Good for the founders/creators.  Now they're multi-millionaires.

It morphed into a Social Media site about a year ago. Trucks and all. 

Corporate buy-out,..........There goes the neighborhood. 

It was good while it lasted. 

Mac. 

• Like 1

I wish they had listed themselves, along with the description:

"hardly used",  "lovingly restored", "rust- free",  "finest example we've seen in years".  "appropriate patina"...

t

"old and crusty"  

• Haha 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

A media/communications company, Hmmm, possible content provider TV show in the future?  Hello the likes of Mike Brewer.  

In my opinion, there is very much still a need for another online presence but not for the egomaniacs with more money than they know what to do with.  

Steve if you are listening, I have an adjunct website pitch for you.  

But what do I know

6 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Oh man..... I broke out in a cold sweat thinking for sure that ECS Tuning (Bertam Capital) had swallowed another one.

You might know by now that ECS bought Pelican Parts... and that ECS was sold by Bertram to Cortec (or, Bertram was acquired by Cortec) . Lots of changes coming I am afraid...glad to be winding down in this game 

• Sad 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

3 hours ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Getting back on topic, does ECS also own FCP now? FCP is about the only place that I still feel good about shopping for newer parts online, but could be they're just another name under the same umbrella these days too.  But at least as long as IE and W&N are still independent, my conscience will remain clean for 2002 parts!

fcp is owned by a private equity firm lol Stonehenge Growth Capital

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/01/1813459/0/en/European-Aftermarket-Car-Parts-Leader-FCP-Euro-Receives-Debt-Investment-From-Stonehenge-Growth-Capital.html

• Thanks 1

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

FCP groton is still mostly themselves.

Autohausaz,   RM Euro, ditto.  Others, I dunno.

Bummerworld is now an ECS schill, too.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL