• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorado '02 & '73tii on BAT

fastricky

Rick,

A few minor points:

The tii is a Euro-spec model. I believe that’s only a good thing, but...

Here in the U.S. — for reasons that largely elude me — buyers prefer U.S.-spec versions over U.S.-legal Euro-spec versions. They then focus on making their U.S.-spec versions look and perform like Euro-spec versions, removing sidemarkers, swapping front turn signals, installing Euro rear bumpers and license plate lights, removing U.S. bumper overriders, installing Euro-spec pistons (9.5:1 and 10.0:1), and... even installing Euro-spec differentials (3:45)... ???

Then, the next buyer, who doesn’t appreciate that particular interpretation of “Euro” dings the Europeanized U.S.-spec car when it next appears on B.A.T. (“This car is missing front side markers but has rear sidemarkers! I’ll have to re-paint. ?”)

The engine is not matching, which knocks out some potential buyers.

Lastly, both interior and exterior colors have been changed, certainly not a death sentence and sometimes a boon to value (think @COOP's Baikal '72 tii). But, Condor yellow is a rare and not universally-available color: I’ve seen it only on a cabriolet and a (1977?) 1502. I don’t know precisely when or how the color was available — it wasn’t in the global paint and upholstery brochures during the ‘02 era — but I suspect most buyers have never seen an ‘02 with this color from the factory and, hence, they might view it as “suspect”.

If there’s less buzz than warranted by the car’s excellent condition and round taillight bona fides, these are my guesses. Like I said, guesses.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I am the owner of the Condor, actually never installed the front fog lights in the car as I found myself driving mostly day light trips...next owner can install as they are wired up to go!

Steve suspect your points are fairly accurate as to a Euro in the US, we’ll see how the auction progresses.  

regards,

Michael 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mokeefe said:

I am the owner of the Condor, actually never installed the front fog lights in the car as I found myself driving mostly day light trips...next owner can install as they are wired up to go!

Steve suspect your points are fairly accurate as to a Euro in the US, we’ll see how the auction progresses.  

regards,

Michael 

Wow- thank you for being a member - and responding!

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

1 hour ago, mokeefe said:

regards,

Michael 

It looks like a beautifully (and expensively) executed car, Michael. And, yes, it’s still early in the process.

Good luck with your sale!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)