• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do grill badges go?

Jeff 57

Of course, on the grill right?. I have fog lights on my '74 Inka tii and did not want to clutter the look of the grill, so for my vintage grill badges, I just made a mounting bracket that fits in my dash. These represent many drives I have taken over the years in Germany and Austria, and I can look over at them and remember great times. Represented left to right: Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse in Austria, Salzburg in Austria, Bayern Germany, Rothenburg Germany and the Deutche Alpenstrasse

grill badges close-up.jpeg

Grill badges quarter view.jpeg

Edited by Jeff 57
  • Like 4

That's a neat idea.

I mount my UK BMW Car Club badge and my Father's old AA badge when at events. Although the Touring has been to Belgium & Germany (back in the day) it was for work, not for events. I actually still have the member's key to get into the AA boxes that were scattered across the UK.................probably no longer works now.

DSCN3188cr2sm.JPG

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

16 hours ago, dlhoovler said:

Nice woodwork, Jeff. This one lives on my grille. 

Ah yes, the coveted 2002 in 2002 Ofest grille badge.  For those of you who've come to the 2002 milieu since then, these badges were given to the first 100 2002s that registered (there were 104) for the BMW CCA Oktoberfest in the year 2002--2002AD had 'em made up.  Dave and I were part of a 13 car caravan--mostly 2002s--that actually began on the East Coast, passed through Dayton (where Dave and I joined up) and then proceeded to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado for the event.  There were 104 2002s that year, the most that had attended an Ofest since the 70s, when they were new. 

The caravan was great fun, and the Roundel Ofest issue's cover was the whole gaggle of 2002s posed together a thousand or so feet below the summit of Loveland Pass (11000 feet).  You shoulda been there...

On a side note, someone, somewhere makes a "badge bar"--these were common on British cars back in the 30s, 40s and 50s.  Looks like a small scale bumper overrider bow.  It mounts on the bumper and holds badges with circular clips.  You might try looking on an accessories web site for vintage Britmobiles like MG Mitten, Victoria British etc.  Then you can display all those way cool badges on the car's front for everyone to enjoy.

mike

PS--point of grammar:  you cook hamburgers on a grill.  A grille goes on the front of a car--unless it's rear engined, in which case it may be on the south end

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

19 hours ago, Mike Self said:

PS--point of grammar:  you cook hamburgers on a grill.  A grille goes on the front of a car--unless it's rear engined, in which case it may be on the south end

This is America, dammit - we don't need any extra letters!  It's nice to see "Weber" (same as he carbs) spelled correctly - too many instances of seeing it as "Webber."

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Ha, on an interesting note, my son and his wife live in Germany. He has a Weber grill as well. Weber is of course an American company, based in Chicago. But in Germany, Weber is thought of as a German company. Weber is also a German name, pronounced Vay-ber, so the American Weber grill in Germany is a German grill called Vay-ber.

This of course has nothing to do with our 2002's