• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS

Brandon

Although they may have been most recently installed in a 121-head tii, these pistons, with piano tops, were originally intended for an E12 head.

These are neither 9.5:1 nor 8.3:1 pistons, of which examples are shown in the two photos below, respectively. So I’m guessing they are either 9.0:1 or 8.6:1 versions.

GLWS,

Steve

28FFD4F4-734C-40D4-94FC-9B0CA1BF53C3.jpeg

9DF6DAE9-7E54-49E9-9275-BAA9C29F9C2C.png

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 8/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, Conserv said:

Although they may have been most recently installed in a 121-head tii, these pistons, piano tops, were originally intended for an E12 head.

These are neither 9.5:1 nor 8.3:1 pistons, shown below, respectively. So I’m guessing they are either 9.0:1 or 8.6:1 versions.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Brandon

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

I would also say if you’re buying used pistons make the owner remove the piston rings and then have them take some (lots) of pics of the ring lands, etc...  i bought a pair of used and one of the rings just would not NOT come out to save my life AND when i got all the carbon off the top of one of the pistons there was a big divot.  Usually there’s a reason people remove, and then sell, used pistons.  FYI. Not to say the posting person isn’t truly above board and trying to keep all the 02 parts swimming in the 02 ocean, just a bit of due diligence can go a long way.

There was some discussion on 2760811 a while back. Mr. Fred thought he had the motor in a 73tii, or he was somewhat confused!

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yes true , I was confused I had photos saved to my phone that weren’t my car, but a car I had previously considered and I mixed them up. Subsequently I did sell that car and the coupe 3.0csi in the background in which someone contacted me about from the ad. Hopefully the new owners take them all the way. Best of luck with the piston sale.