• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price: $1

Description:

Mounted on DCOEs.png

For the last couple of years, we have been working on creating a complete, bolt-on, sidedraft carburetor linkage system for the 2002.  Because, other than jetting, the linkage system is usually the most troublesome aspect of installing and tuning sidedraft carburetors on the 2002.  Certainly there are generic, incomplete, sidedraft linkage kits out there.  But they usually require manifold/throttle lever mods, bracket fabrication, cable routing, etc. and, in a lot of cases, are just plain ugly! 

The three prime requirements for our system design were that it would include all the linkage parts needed for the sidedraft conversion, that it would work with all intake manifold and carburetor combinations and that it would be based on the original BMW 2002ti linkage system. After years of development, thousands of miles of testing on 2002’s around the globe, and much hair pulling, I believe we have created the Ultimate BMW 2002 Sidedraft Linkage System!

We call it “Ultimate” because:

• ·        It is designed uniquely for the BMW 2002’s Only
  • ·        It includes all the linkage parts necessary for installing sidedrafts on 2002’s Only
  • ·        It works with all combinations of sidedraft carburetors (Weber, Solex, and others in development) and intake manifolds (OEM, IE, Korman, Cannon, …)
  • ·        The form, fit, and finish are like the original 2002ti linkage system
  • ·        It puts the synchronization procedure on the carbs where it belongs, not on the linkage
  • ·        The throttle lever and balance lever are designed specifically for each carburetor version
  • ·        Once installed, it is virtually maintenance and adjustment free
  • ·        It comes with actual installation instructions and tips for the BMW 2002s Only

We are proud to make the initial announcement of the availability of this system on BMW2002FAQ.  And we will soon be launching an e-commerce website called—www.2002sOnly.com with all of our products for the BMW 2002s Only.  In the meantime, here are some photos and a video brochure on the Ultimate BMW 2002 Sidedraft Linkage System. 

We have these in stock, ready to ship.  The price for the complete system is $265 plus shipping (we do ship internationally).  For orders or inquiries, please use my direct email, halboyles at 2002sonly.com.

Top Front View DCOEs.jpg

Levers and Adjustable Rod Front DCOEs.JPEG

Front View DCOEs.jpg

DCOE Parts.jpg

Down Rod and Firewall Bracket.jpg

Solex 40 PHH Parts Graphics.png

The Ultimate BMW 2002 Sidedraft Linkage System.gif

Edited by halboyles
video
  • Like 10

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

2 hours ago, jgerock said:

I have noticed differences in the Solex PHH throttle shaft index positions such that swapping the balance lever from one carb to another will NOT work.  

Yes Jim, I know of at least two versions of the Solex PHH's throttle shaft positions and they appear to be divided between the NK version and the 2002ti version. We had to create a separate version for each one since, as you say, they are not mutally compatible.

1 hour ago, Mikesmalaga72 said:

Nice work!! Please announce when ready for prime time!! Thanks!

We have these in stock and ready to ship.  Please email me at halboyles     2002sonly.com

• Like 2

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, ozgeorge said:

has this linkage been tested with RHD vehicles?

Hello George!  I have been working on a RHD version for a while and have everything I need to produce them except a few pics and some measurements.  If you can provide those from your existing downdraft linkage, I could finalize the design and get some made.  I'll PM with more specific requirements.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com