• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002tii numbers matching trade

anthonidanowski

58 minutes ago, Conserv said:

If you do decide to proceed with a sale, has “everybody” advising you to list at $15K offered to actually buy it at that price? Or are they just “advising”? There is a difference between advising and laying your money down, and “project cars” — where a buyer can neither start nor drive a vehicle — tend to have real limits on their value. Just saying....

Regards,

Steve

I don't think he's trying to say that people are saying to list it at $15K, but that at his $7K asking price they are wanting/expecting a car that the OP believes would be worth $15K.  Whether that's a lack of understanding of the market by prospective buyers, the OP, or a combination of both is up for debate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlfaBMWGuy said:

I don't think he's trying to say that people are saying to list it at $15K, but that at his $7K asking price they are wanting/expecting a car that the OP believes would be worth $15K.  Whether that's a lack of understanding of the market by prospective buyers, the OP, or a combination of both is up for debate.

+1

Oops. I see. They want to drive it, and they want it to have an interior, before spending $7K on a sunroof round taillight tii. Lots of luck with that!

Thanks for your correction!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

conserv you are correct. basically me selling it for this cheap is me saying " i am not putting any more effort into this car". so i have decided to just keep building and see how far i can go before i have 7 dollars in my bank account. honestly im mostly worried about the fact that my garage is taken up by a 71 corona im building for a guy and the nw rainy season is approaching, meaning i will be building the 02 in the rain....... yay.  

that is to say that my house makes it through this crazy wildfire season which has made the air outside pretty hard to breath.

• Like 1

just waiting for the shop i bought it from to recieve it from the oregon dmv. im resealing the transmission and installing the engine/trans today and tomorrow. next ill need to get the fuel tank cleaned and get it running. i may use a non tii tank using a e30 fuel pump just to make it drive. i already have that stuff. then ill rebuild the brakes. im getting another malaga 73 car that has a pretty decent complete black interior. after all of that is sorted out ill start  restoring the body. 

• 2 weeks later...

ive never waffled so much on a project before, ive also never had as much cash invested into a car that still needs so much work.  i restore cars and build engines for a living. i guess im just a bit burned out at the moment. i need a proper vacation or just a nice 100 mile bike ride around the olympic peninsula to get me motivated again.