• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

underhood photos 73 tii

mjcari

Stoddard, Pelican , Pegasus all have what you need by the meter. Nanufactures by Cohline

• Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

12 hours ago, Mike A said:

I don’t think the photos above show an up-close factory routing of the fuel supply line from the filter. Thinking it was probably braided and routed under the air filter horn and used some kind of a wire hold down on the KF . The experts will know

Yes, Mike, there is a fuel line loop between the primary fuel filter and the banjo bolt on the Kugelfischer. A wire clip, which loops around two of the fuel injection lines, holds the hose in place to maintain the loop.

Below, in the first photo, is my ‘73 in 2015 — yes I’m going to use correct braided line when the engine and injection are overhauled, which is starting presently — showing the loop and some teasing glimpses of the wire clip (circled in red). The wire clip has been NLA for eons, so most today are hand-formed by owners. I got mine from one of these handy owners (I don’t want to reveal his name because I believe he long ago got out of the “clip-bending” business).

The second photo is from the factory service manual. The two blue circles mark the two ends of this single looped hose, the left at the filter’s output, the right at the Kugelfischer’s input. Somewhere I’ve seen a factory photo of the complete loop; I can’t find it now, however!

Best regards,

Steve

B025E332-6D59-406C-852C-2FC8D114EF77.jpeg

6ABC4B5C-CA08-4E9A-A9D0-4150EA375B26.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

4 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I'm throwing one more picture into the mix here.  I've forgotten what I learned about the significance of the E1/E2 decal.  It has been there as long as I've owned the car ( since 1990).

Enlighten me please.

My engine bay, 2015.

DSC02837.JPG

Umm...

Sorry, Paul, it’s been explained here before but I forget! I believe it’s an EU standards and delivery indicator. Les (@02Les) will know. Something like the number after the “E” tells you with which country’s standards, within the EU, the car complies. And I believe E1 is Germany. Maybe. Is it clear that I really don’t recall? It should be! ??

Was your car originally a Canadian delivery? Maybe that explains why it’s there. U.S.-deliveries didn’t get the “E stickers”. I also wonder, however, if a European delivery of a U.S.-spec car triggered the need for one of these stickers.

Hmm... My “answer” raises more questions and answers none, certainly not definitively. I’m going to rate this response a C-! ?

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I'm throwing one more picture into the mix here.  I've forgotten what I learned about the significance of the E1/E2 decal.  It has been there as long as I've owned the car ( since 1990).

Enlighten me please.

My engine bay, 2015.

DSC02837.JPG

I recently posted a picture of a US spec. Colorado 72tii that was originally delivered in England. It had that E sticker on the inner fender.  Here it is again. Note the orientation.0C5DEE7F-6B86-4B6A-94A3-8F87E4B43CE7.jpeg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"