• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another reason I like Arizona

airborne85

The context is. Just took a road trip from the Bay Area to Phoenix. The car 1970 02 32/36 Weber w/sync link , 4spd ran beautifully through the desert, no AC... 

The Arizona gas nozzle compared to the California gas nozzle makes perfect sense for pumping gas into my 02.

045C6C54-F97D-45A0-A17D-147F58EC4877.png

603332D3-61DD-431F-8A17-63A58A06F5C1.jpeg

• Like 2

Probably a poor attempt at humor. I know California has abominations of gas pumps, but I almost never see anything other than the "normal" nozzle shown above in the places I usually drive (OH & PA, with annual forays to TX). 

-Dave

• Like 1

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

44 minutes ago, dlhoovler said:

Probably a poor attempt at humor. I know California has abominations of gas pumps, but I almost never see anything other than the "normal" nozzle shown above in the places I usually drive (OH & PA, with annual forays to TX). 

-Dave

Believe it or not, they are like that in NY as well! (Well upstate rural NY anyway)

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

3 hours ago, irdave said:

California uses a 'vapor recovery nozzle.'  It can be difficult with some cars.  Like ours.

What is done with the recovered vapor?  Vent it to atmosphere out behind the building?

• Haha 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.