• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

123Tune Dizzy - Now I'm dizzy

fastricky

Do you have the instructions for your distributor, if so, do they show the curve for option #4?

IMG_4215.jpg

I copied this page that Eric (7502) posted a while back, which has a little information about #4.

123 distributor curve options sheet.jpg

I don't know if your distributor has the vacuum option, but I'd skip that feature, if it does.

Tom

On 10/5/2020 at 2:21 AM, OldBlue2002 said:

If this is for a tii, an adjustment/calibration to the CO adjustment using the KF guide can help clean up the idle 

Are you referring to this article?: https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/engine-and-drivetrain/adjusting-fuelair-ration-on-a-tii-r168/

Well, I did follow that assuming that's the one you meant (thanks for the tip!) - SO! Here's what I did today:

- Set the timing so the steel ball appears at 2700rpm. Wound up retarding by a good 1/8" from where I was earlier.

- Worked on the air/fuel mixture and finally idle from the article linked above.

Took PB&J out for a ripper on some back roads. Power is excellent. Engine temps much improved. Revs slightly better above 5k than it used to. ?

But there's a very mild hesitation/stumble now at steady throttle and acceleration. What does that indicate? I haven't checked my valves FYI, that's next. And since my 123Tune dizzy is a switchable model, doesn't seem like there's anything left to adjust as far as advance is concerned?

EDIT: As I think about this my approach will be to play with the air/fuel mix a bit more and then finalize idle. Sound right?

Edited by fastricky

Update:

- First, have you thanked your '02FAQ brothers and sisters today? I haven't so a huge thanks for all the help and information, a true lifeline!

- Second, I am so pleased with the way the car is running now, I dare say best it ever has. Dialed in the air/fuel mix a bit further and it is smooth as silk, power is strong and consistent, engine temp at a consistent 1/3rd of the scale. So dang satisfying!

If anyone is still reading, have you gone as far as to buy/use a CO2 analyzer to truly tweak air/fuel mix and if so is there one that is recommended? Just curious if so to see if I'm in the 2-3% recommended range...

• Like 1