• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchase it, or run?

Lair

6 hours ago, Lair said:

I’ve owned 9 or ten e30’s

+

6 hours ago, Lair said:

Everything else allows solid. Oddly, there appears to be no rust-through around the shock towers.

+

6 hours ago, Lair said:

The car has no a/c and no sunroof.

=

6 hours ago, Lair said:

He’s asking $1000. Deal

If those three statements are all true, I'd say this is a slam dunk. I'd briefly crawl underneath to make sure the frame rails/floors/rockers are in tact, but if those and the shock towers are good then the windows/fenders/doors and even pedal box are worth dealing with for that price!

I think I see A/C lines snaking by the exhaust there though. . .

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy

Buy it!, but along the way bargain about the price...  The bags of concrete may be preparation for a trip to the local junk yard where weight matters and it won't bring anywhere near $1K no matter how much weight is in the trunk.  Nobody looks in the locked trunks as vehicles enters junk yards around here. 

Bag's of cement are commonly  used to control humitity on boats in storage I use bags of charcoal my self they dry out in the summer and you dispose of them by eating lots of bbq.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I'll ask myself this question: if I saw it first, would I buy it? 

No.

Why? It's either a) a huge investment of time and money to make nice that I don't want to make or b) an ugly, rusty driver that will still take $ome doing to get going or c) a parts car that I'll have to tow home, store, work on and part out.

Is it WORTH $1000? Of course. Would I buy it. No way.

• Like 5

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

That thing will suck up all your free time and money.

I'd run.  Would rather have a non-running, rust-free car for $5k.

That thing would need to be totally stripped and blasted/dipped.  Sure, save it if you have endless amounts of time and he space for it.

Make this a financial decision. Search the ads here and learn what a car in the condition similar to what you plan to take this one to. Then make a list of what the cost is to refurbish or restore. New seat covers? New rubber gaskets? Rust repair? Engine rebuilt? Prices for parts have gone up a lot in recent years. I’d look for another car.

'72 BMW 2002tii

'00 Porsche 911

Nope,   Mom look what I found can I keep it ?   Looks like a total money pit to me.

What's the saying.  The cheapest BMW's end up being the most expensive.   

Throw a couple grand at then you have a running car with a lot of rust.

Better examples out there.

That car is 2hrs. of basic maintenance to get it started and running. One power wash from being absolutely beautiful...All for $1000.00 dollars.................Essentially ALL of our cars are projects......Go for, enjoy the experience, it's gonna be one heck of a story....All from taking a wrong turn............If it doesn't workout, throw the damn thing in your "neighbors swimming pool" Quote un-Quote C.D.

Too easy, Have fun

ira

Sell it to ira for $1500, make a quick $500.

10 hours ago, airborne85 said:

That car is 2hrs. of basic maintenance to get it started and running. One power wash from being absolutely beautiful...All for $1000.00 dollars.................Essentially ALL of our cars are projects......Go for, enjoy the experience, it's gonna be one heck of a story....All from taking a wrong turn............If it doesn't workout, throw the damn thing in your "neighbors swimming pool" Quote un-Quote C.D.

Too easy, Have fun

ira

• Haha 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

11 hours ago, airborne85 said:

Too easy, Have fun

ira

Ditto...go for it!

Yessss

And with sponsors like MurphinDC and NYNick.

Let’s make it an even $2000.00

Thanks in advance fellas

”Ugly 02’ lives matter “

Drove my old, rusty, mixed matched color, No AC , 1970, from the Bay Area to Phoenix and back two weeks ago........Ran like a beautiful concours 02’

Have fun 

38272C55-A8E1-43DC-BA42-9D16A58CB6BD.jpeg

330D6CF2-39D7-4C05-8ACF-0D8F5D2A8D29.jpeg

9BE79BBC-E0F5-4DA3-AAD3-6DA88516BF03.jpeg

C2A3E3B8-1AD5-4D96-BE6F-933691C2D138.jpeg

56187E1C-62B8-4AAD-821A-4D37D9D6B494.png

• Like 3