• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro in rough shape.

Fletcher

Pulled the Recaro my car came with out and put in a seat from a 73 I found.  

it’s it worth the price of admission to get the Recaro reupholstered/restored?  In Seattle Metro shop recommendations?

The guy that sold me the other seat said this old Recaro is unicorn rare (his words( and advised to hold on to it.  This unicorn has been to the wars though.  Looks like it needs new everything...

thx ??

12281879-1C57-4CD5-BCFE-7A6DED71AC79.jpeg

DE306530-8AAA-433A-8988-887139D562A2.jpeg

AE44D43D-0EAF-4520-AA72-ADC620BF3F34.jpeg

That sure looks like a Recaro LSC.  Unicorn in that it's almost impossible to get anything to fix it.  Lseat apparently will make covers, I'm getting ready to order one, but I haven't been able to find anybody that has  / makes the foam bolsters.  If you find someone, let me know.

Mine was bent and broken, but I was to get it mostly straight and weld the lateral support back into place.  I find the chair really comfortable, but it's going to be tough to find parts to fix it...

P.S.  I have some freshly redone stock seats from a '76 I'm selling, as well as a set of black Recaro SRDs that I'm selling...  Ad to be posted shortly.

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Check out Burien Upholstery. They did my back seats and they've done work on a bunch of 02s. Ask for Damien. 

James

• Thanks 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

Check with Dave at Aarvarc Racing, he rebuilt 2 Racaro's for me. Both were the E21 variety, the driver side as bad as yours, they make new foam parts. Uhaul has some heavy "electronics" boxes, shipping was $200 roundtrip, including that it cost half what I was quoted in Spokane.

finished seats.jpg

driver L lower bolster.jpg

driver seat bottom.jpg

• Like 3