• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about doing a K24a2 swap.

MolyZoky

1 hour ago, chargin said:

This is so much harder than a F Swap

With an F swap, you can drop the motor and transmission into the car in an afternoon and then wire and plumb it to get it running

If you have all the time and money in the world K- swap might be great, but if you want to have a fun car, I would seriously suggest another route for the average person

Swap sells the E 34 kit at $5000

Without motor mounts for your car had an additional $2500 for the average person

Center track rod:
IMG_6264.thumb.jpeg.b1a7e06999d29bfbefd3aac67b2cfad0.jpeg

Motor placement 

IMG_6294.thumb.jpeg.d6d326d21155965f4d2a5814df238a4e.jpeg

I appreciate the points you've raised, but I personally am doing this swap because I like the challenge of figuring these sorts of things out. I assume at one point in time there were similar issues with the first people who attempted the F20C swaps until the best practices were figured out and shared to the community/ people started making parts for these swaps. I assume the same will be true for the K24 swap as well.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 3:12 PM, Georges said:

That's quite a curve you will need. Also, how did you end up solving interference with the steering box?

Sadly don't have pictures as I was in a time crunch to finish, and I am now back in the UK. The main interference seemed to come from the thermostat housing on the water pump, which can be replaced with a more compact unit.

Just for clarity I don't plan to curve under, but around. I measured that the steering drag link moves roughly 1" away from transmission with full lock on either side

trackrod_fwd.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chargin said:

your motor may be too far back, I think you want to be something like 5 inches in front of the firewall

I ordered the curved track rod, but it did not curve the right way

I had it more forward earlier, but with that position I could only use the OE oil pan (not really end of the world). I was more concerned that the engine would be too far forward for weight balance and also I'd have to cut the front a bit to accommodate the cooling system which I didn't want to do.  Here's some pictures of the 22RPD installation and my best attempt at it before I went down my current direction.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 082430.jpg

2024-08-28 Engine RPD Style.jpg

19 hours ago, Rami88 said:

I assume the same will be true for the K24 swap as well.

when you’re done with your mount prototype, feel free to contact me and I can help you out on how to make them into a production set to sell so other people can do it 

Best wishes on your swap

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

3 hours ago, chargin said:

when you’re done with your mount prototype, feel free to contact me and I can help you out on how to make them into a production set to sell so other people can do it 

Best wishes on your swap

Thanks for the offer!