• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

text disappearing from posts

• 2 months later...

I forgot to copy the text before posting again tonight.

I have noticed that the problem seems to happen when I have uploaded multiple photos and then decide to delete one or more of them.  That deletion seems to take the words with it when I hit the submit button.

I hope that is helpful information.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I neglected to post this earlier, but I was right.  Another victim of the mysterious disappearing-text glitch.

seems to especially happen with my iPhone

• Like 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

8 hours ago, steve k. said:

The is for more info

Did the glitch eat the rest of your words, Steve?

It just ate mine again.  I uploaded two photos and then deleted one and when I clicked to post it, all the text was missing.  I think it is going away with the deleted photo.  I did click to copy it this time, so editing it back in wasn't hard.  I only had to rewrite the last paragraph that I'd typed after copying the rest of it.

No iphones here, just a Windows 10 computer.

Tom

Another victim (I'm guessing, based on the post having nothing but photos, not even spaces between them and the following post having text only).

@jp5Touring did you add/delete another photo in the process of posting this?  Or, did you simply add photos and have the glitch eat your words?  Did you upload the photos at the same time, or in two separate steps?  I am just trying to figure out some sort of pattern for when/why this happens.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Another victim (I'm guessing, based on the post having nothing but photos, not even spaces between them and the following post having text only).

freestar

@jp5Touring did you add/delete another photo in the process of posting this?  Or, did you simply add photos and have the glitch eat your words?  Did you upload the photos at the same time, or in two separate steps?  I am just trying to figure out some sort of pattern for when/why this happens.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom

I posted the pictures first that I copied off facebook. Then tried to add the text in the same first post but I couldnt get the text to appear.  So I just made to separate posts. Could very well be operator error. I know just enough to be dangerous.

jim 

Thank you for explaining, Jim.  I assumed it was another glitch attack. 

I've had trouble adding text with photos before.  It's been hard to get the little flashing text-line to appear after the photo was there.  What I (try to remember to) do now is, click return a time or two, to move that text-line down a couple of rows before downloading photos.  That lets me click up there and then add the text after photos.

Thank you for looking into this, Steve.  I don't foresee myself posting much today, but I'll keep an eye out for more (suspected) victims.

Tom

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

Tom

I posted the pictures first that I copied off facebook. Then tried to add the text in the same first post but I couldnt get the text to appear.  So I just made to separate posts. Could very well be operator error. I know just enough to be dangerous.

jim 

Was this the case of not having empty space for the test to actually type, or something else?

I know it is hard sometimes to get to the proper spot past the image to be able to start typing, but not sure if this was it.

steve

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

15 minutes ago, steve k. said:

Was this the case of not having empty space for the test to actually type, or something else?

I know it is hard sometimes to get to the proper spot past the image to be able to start typing, but not sure if this was it.

steve

No empty space for the text to type. I type then add pictures most times and never have had a problem.

I did pictures first this time because I copied off facebook and never did that before and wanted to make sure the pics worked. I very well could have just not figured it out correctly. Some computer stuff I just don't get because self taught.

Hell still tryin to figure out electricity ?

• 3 weeks later...