• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Touring

jamie_s

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve actually been communicating with the winner about it because he wasn’t expecting his bid to win. I’ve wanted a Touring and told him if the timing was better I’d be a buyer. With the BaT fee and shipping I could still have it for his “cost” of under $20k.

Am I crazy for considering this car?

Also, totally unrelated (lol) anyone looking for a MR2 Spyder with a 2ZZ Motor and a 6-speed LSD? 

Simon

Daily: 2017 BMW i3 REx ' the commuter' 

Weekend: 1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300 ' the polluter'

My concerns are the paint work looks pretty poorly done.  Also the amount of undercoating that is very liberally  applied

to the undercarriage .  What's it hiding ?  The new owner story of I didn't think I would be high bidder is suspect also.

I would be concerned he got the car and is not happy with it.    If interested I would get a thorough PPI or see it in person.

I would pass on it. 

I began my conversation with the new owner before he has even taken delivery of vehicle so I think your skepticism of him isnt necessary. He is a BMW fan, like you and I. He currently has 2 Alpinas he is restoring and simply doesnt have space to keep it. 

That said, Im still hoping to get a set of eyes on it before I were to fork over the cash. Car is being delivered to the SF Bay Area and should be there next week.

Simon

Daily: 2017 BMW i3 REx ' the commuter' 

Weekend: 1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300 ' the polluter'