• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southwest OH/N. KY/S IN drive, this Saturday (24 Oct) Update

Mike Self

An update on this Saturday's (socially distanced, of course!) drive for all you 02ers in the OH, KY, IN area (others are certainly welcome!). 

Meeting point is 10 am at the Kroger's parking lot, intersection of US 50 and OH 128 in Cleves, on the west side of Cincinnati.  We'll cross the Ohio river on a car ferry at Rising Sun, IN, to Rabbit Hash, KY, then tour along the Kentucky side of the river, visiting the Markland Locks on the river.  We'll then cross back over the Ohio into Indiana and proceed to historic Madison, IN, stopping for lunch and a tour at the Stream Cliff Farm & Winery in Comminsky, IN.  Our last stop will be in Oldenburg, IN; stay for dinner at the Brau Haus, or head for home.  If your '02 isn't currently among the active, drive what is...

See y'all there.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

1 hour ago, Mike Self said:

An update on this Saturday's (socially distanced, of course!) drive for all you 02ers in the OH, KY, IN area (others are certainly welcome!). 

Meeting point is 10 am at the Kroger's parking lot, intersection of US 50 and OH 128 in Cleves, on the west side of Cincinnati.  We'll cross the Ohio river on a car ferry at Rising Sun, IN, to Rabbit Hash, KY, then tour along the Kentucky side of the river, visiting the Markland Locks on the river.  We'll then cross back over the Ohio into Indiana and proceed to historic Madison, IN, stopping for lunch and a tour at the Stream Cliff Farm & Winery in Comminsky, IN.  Our last stop will be in Oldenburg, IN; stay for dinner at the Brau Haus, or head for home.  If your '02 isn't currently among the active, drive what is...

See y'all there.

mike

Crap Mike! I somehow missed this drive. Unfortunately its too late for me to make plans to join. I'm sure this is probably the last drive before this group put the 2002's in for the winter. I guess I'll have to wait until spring.

Walter

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

2 hours ago, ingramlee said:

Crap Mike! I somehow missed this drive. Unfortunately its too late for me to make plans to join. I'm sure this is probably the last drive before this group put the 2002's in for the winter. I guess I'll have to wait until spring.

Walter

Hey Walter - sorry you didn't get notified in time.   We held the date on the RGB FB page and updated this week with formal route info.    See you in the spring!  -=Ben

• Like 1

--> 1968 2002 <--

Have fun, everyone! I'll not be able to make it either - I'm not on FB so didn't know about it before, but that really wouldn't have changed anything. Hopefully 2021 will have more '02ing! 

-Dave 

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler