• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendation for special fasteners

Shawn Piper

I want to share a good experience I had with Accu.co.uk. 

Some context... I had my bumpers re-chromed but the bolts/nuts didn't clean up well enough to warrant re-plating with zinc.  Some of the original carriage bolts also have this stainless steel cap, which held up ok, but the cad plating on the bolt itself was pretty much gone. Refurbishing would be tricky.   BMW has some replacement bolts, but they are crazy expensive.

I ended up buying bolt kits from WN thinking that would solve the problem, but many of the bolts were not dimensionally or visually the same as the original bolts.  So, I did some searching and found Accu, which sells specialized bolts in small quantities. It ended up being a great resource and I found nice stainless replacements.  I ended up getting stainless nuts/washers too. With polishing, they will look like chrome. 

Shipping was a little pricey ($15) but its not bad if you're buying a lot of fasteners or need something in an uncommon size.  It took 4days from UK to San Diego CA, everything was nicely packaged. 

IMG-1345.jpg

IMG-1344.jpg

IMG-1343.jpg

IMG-1342.jpg

• Like 5