• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need gas/temp gauge part of instrument cluster '76

mofares

If anyone has an working instrument cluster for sale, I would be interested, specifically the gas guage section fr my '76. My turn signal light all of a sudden stopped working, it's not the bulb. Took it off looks ok but could be soldering or something. Thx.  

IMG_7146.JPG

Edited by mofares
photo attached

12 hours ago, mofares said:

I have LED relay and all blinkers working outside, can hear clicks, hazard works but no light on the sockets except red Alternator light. 

Are you missing the small incandescent bulbs in the cluster?

What is an LED Relay?

Are you using LED bulbs for your tun signals?

No "O" only "L" at startup?

If "L" is lit when the car is running you have an electrical fault with the Alternator or Voltage Regulator.

"B" is the turn signal for left, right & hazards

"F" is the high beams.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

adawil2002 I have 4 incandescent bulbs in O, L, B and F sockets except for dash lights which are dimmable LED's from Superbright LED's and have been woring perfectly for years since I upgraded to LED's. The dash lights  work and L comes on during ignitiona nd goes off as usual. O, B, F not lighting. I also have LED bulbs for my brake, turn signal, parking, license plate and rear lights hence the LED relay upgrade for the blinkers (otherwise light's wont' work). There is a big thread on that.

Took out guages and there is a gap in the solder. Picture attached so if anyone has a working spare gauge, I would like to buy it from you.  I used to have so many guages laying around no idea what happened to them. Thanks. 

IMG_7146.JPG

gauge.JPG

solder.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I swapped to a Silver Dollar cluster and by some weird miracle the speedo is almost dead accurate now in spite of my 195 50R15 tires and the 3.91 LSD w/ 5 spd.

I was totally expecting to have to pull the speedo again to get it calibrated so I didn't even bother to look @ the ratio stamped on the back - but it's perfect!

mm