• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One owner, low mileage '73

bimbill

Just now, ts888 said:

Hi you faqqers, long time no see.  I'm the Inka pimp (not the owner, as noted in the CL ad). 

The car was accepted for auction by BaT in August, but they were glacially slow in getting back to me with ad copy, and then could not provide a photographer, but would not accept the pictures I originally offered.  Then we got bombed with 3 weeks of smoke, making new pictures difficult.

I finally borrowed a DSLR and submitted new pictures 3 weeks ago.  Again, glacially slow response, so the owner asked me to list the car on CL to get it sold before winter arrived with the need to find long term storage.  BaT finally emailed me Monday, and by then I had 8 interested, serious buyers in contact.

The car may have brought more on BaT, maybe not.  TBH I'm not disappointed with skipping the parade of instant experts talking sh*t in the BaT comments.

Cheers,

Tony

2 posts?  I guess my past has been erased.  Probably for the best, the young ones might be irreparably scarred.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, ray_ said:

Nice ad copy, btw! :)

Cheers,

Agree on ad copy, and @ts888was just as funny and easy to deal with on phone.  Bummed I missed this one by being #2 in line (my call to seller was delayed because my daughter was having boyfriend crisis and needed Dad's advice; they worked it out, but after missing this car not sure I can ever like BF again)?.  

In any case, thanks for the good convo and straight-up answers to my questions, Tony--wish all sellers were that easy to deal with.  And BEST of luck to the buyer, hope you enjoy all the originality and personality of this beauty. ?

• Like 3

@Bob D. I'm the very lucky beneficiary of your daughter's boyfriend crisis!  Thanks for your well wishes, I am thrilled to join the 02 family after drooling over them for the past 2 decades or so.  @ts888 (Tony) was fantastic to deal with, and even drove some parts ~15 miles to meet me when he realized I forgot them at the garage.  It was a real treat to meet the original owner, I feel like I have an obligation to take excellent care of his baby.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, socalsti04 said:

@Bob D. I'm the very lucky beneficiary of your daughter's boyfriend crisis!  Thanks for your well wishes, I am thrilled to join the 02 family after drooling over them for the past 2 decades or so.  @ts888 (Tony) was fantastic to deal with, and even drove some parts ~15 miles to meet me when he realized I forgot them at the garage.  It was a real treat to meet the original owner, I feel like I have an obligation to take excellent care of his baby.  

That's great to hear and it sounds like the car is in good hands!  Once I heard that this purchase wasn't going to work for me, my hope became that it would go to somebody else who'd really appreciate it.  It definitely sounds like that wish has come true. 

Enjoy it, and sending lots of good wishes (and call me first if you sell it, I have three daughters so I might need advance notice ?)!

• Like 1