• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Windshield Decals?

Billsmith

imgur.comA trivia question for the group.  I believe the windshield on my "new" 1973 BMW 2002 Tii is original to the car.  There are two decals on it.  The one on the right provides very helpful cold starting instructions.  The one on the left is illegible.  Does anyone know what the decal on the left would have been.  Just curious before I scrape that one off.

Decals.rtfd.zip

On my 68 1600 there was a decal on the lower left corner of the windshield, in front of the driver, which recommended maximum speeds in each gear for the first 600 miles and for the second 600 miles.

My '69 came with the same decal.  Unfortunately the NY state inspection weenies slapped their inspection sticker on top of it, so it became unreadable almost from new.  I carefully peeled it off, but it's not very readable. 

I don't recall a second factory sticker on the windshield, but perhaps the factory added something by 1973.  My 73 had a replacement windshield by the time I got it in '78, so don't know what was on it.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 hours ago, bavariaboy said:

Here is the factory windshield sticker on my 79k 1976 2002. Car originally from the mid-west to NJ to me in PA avoided the dreaded inspection stickers.

20201111_124817_resized.jpg

Could you lay a blank sheet of white paper on the windshield and take another picture, please.  The info on the sticker will show up much better.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.