• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB. Basket nuts for side mirror

djminkin

On 11/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, shermanmartinez said:

The hypocrisy is astounding.  Why would you haggle ten bucks on a used part but refer somebody to a cage nut for twenty-two dollars? 

I don't normally dignify personal attacks on my character with a reply.  But in your case I'll make an exception since I've obviously offended your delicate sensibilities, or you wouldn't still be sniveling about this five months later.   

The question you should be asking is why would you blow off a local cash and carry buyer over a used part without even offering to counter a very reasonable and fair offer?  But since you did, I took your advice and paid full retail for a new one.  Problem solved, and life goes on.  

As for my referral to the OP, he asked for a source and I provided him one.   Shockingly, I don't feel the least bit hypocritical for helping out another 02 hobbyist looking for help with no personal benefit to me.  You should try it sometime.  

• Like 1

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

I actually did in telling him I had some cage nuts available.  Done. The reasonable and  fair offer was presented to you when I made it.  I didn't tell you to make me an offer.  It seems that got by you, just like the fact that I told this poster that I had cage nuts available.  The only one sniveling was you: when you were trying to bust somebody's balls over ten bucks.  

You fail to see the hypocrisy in refusing to pay a fair price and try to haggle over 10 dollars yet see no problem in steering somebody to pay a high price on a small part .  

Just to clarify, I never looked at the price when I initially replied.   I simply responded and shared a supplier that I knew had what the poster was looking for.  And for the record, I never "steered" them to paying a particular price.  But since I shared the source information a full day before you replied, we both know full well that my doing so had nothing to do with you.  More to the point, when the OP pointed out the high price, I actually even acknowledged it.  

Maybe I'm a little more thick skinned, but I've never considered it "haggling" or that someone was "busting my balls" when I've been made a fair offer below my asking price for a used part I've sold.  It's simple, I've either accepted the offer, countered it, or declined it.  No drama.  No harm, no foul. 

But that said, here's a word of advice.  If you think it's okay to accuse someone of  astounding "hyprocosy" for having two different views about two completely unrelated matters, you may want to to look up the definition of the word.  If that's the viewpoint your teaching your students, I think I understand why shop class is dying in our schools.

I'm not interested in having a battle of wits with an unarmed person, so I have no further comment on the matter. 

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

You are absolutely correct.  I am having a battle of wits with an illiterate.  Hypocrisy is spelled with an I not an O.  Your is possessive, the correct use is the contraction you're (you are).  

I love it when people of your mental capability attempt to show their intelligence and show their lack of it in simple diction and speech. 

There's an old saying that your mother obviously did not tell you:" Sometimes it's better to remain quiet and simply be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth (or misspell or use incorrect diction) and remove all doubt".  

Actually people like you that lack the ability to tune their own car keep automotive programs alive. Thanks for your help!