• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passenger foot well metal work, what is this for?

JayMac

I need to patch in some metal and was trying to figure out how it is supposed to look. Lifted this from someone here's thread (thank you).  What is the metal tab for in the left corner of this shot? Mine is attached to a piece I plan to replace. What is this? Do you need it?

B78AED81-F03E-4DD1-A93A-FD195210632F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ea2065e9e65ad8f6c4133f03ae344548.jpeg

Nov photos 240.JPG

Slowly building a $20,000 $4000 car

If it "ran when parked" you wouldn't have parked it!

Sorry, this picture from my car is wrong. I understand the jack points in the rockers but it is the plate or tab the look like it is held on by three rivet in the first picture on the firewall side of the footwell to the left of the seam

16 minutes ago, NickVyse said:

Those tabs aligned the shells on the production line, and then trapped dirt and moisture and rotted out the floor.

They worked great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickVyse said:

Those tabs aligned the shells on the production line, and then trapped dirt and moisture and rotted out the floor.

+1.  They had to serve some kind of purpose, or the pfennig-counters wouldn't have allowed an unnecessary and frivolous addition to the car.

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

+1.  They had to serve some kind of purpose, or the pfennig-counters wouldn't have allowed an unnecessary and frivolous addition to the car.

mike 

Totally agree so you can't discount that they were thinking @45 years later they could get a bunch of us to be devoting time to something we can't explain, very interesting!