• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 restoration

DrA76

1 hour ago, NickVyse said:

Was buying in Iran a non-starter? Loads left there and probably a better rust-reduced prospect. Just interested really.

Good luck, presume you'll be installing AC ?

Iran is not to far from Kuwait an hour flight or a 4 hrs by boat.

But it's illegal to export a classic vehicle from there.. agree many left there, I usually buy parts from iran. 

I restored more than 20 classic cars in the past 15 years never installed an A/C.?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dirving said:

Pretty interesting. Different world. What is the illegality based on? Is it political, religious, tax based? I feel ignorant about this. Glad you can get parts anyway. Thats another thing.

never had a clear answer to that question, i don't think its religious , political or tax based . my best guess is that after the revolution in the late 70's many car manufacturer stopped shipping cars to Iran, so this law was a must control car prices .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Icecube76 said:

I restored more than 20 classic cars in the past 15 years never installed an A/C.?

There's still time.

:D

Nice project!

Cheers,

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:20 PM, ray_ said:

There's still time.

:D

Nice project!

Cheers,

i have a frigiking setup from an old project. i don't think that i should use old componont for AC . if i am going to install on i might use something modern. and a single vent on center console.

I have a Behr unit in my '76. I like the flat panel and the ashtray. Two knobs that look like stock BMW 2002 knobs.

Blows bitter cold here in the US Northeast. Probably adequate or a bit better for your climate.  Can't live without it. Spoiled.

Love your restoration. I would go Inka and black. Love those funky colors. 

Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Icecube76 said:

i have a frigiking setup from an old project. i don't think that i should use old componont for AC . if i am going to install on i might use something modern. and a single vent on center console.

As you know, there's a lot of info here regarding how to make that work. 

The optimized (frigiking) system may be  marginal for you, though, based on the summer temperatures there. I find the weak links to be blower speed and evaporator area. But very low humidity there will work in your favor I think! 

Cheers,

I think a quality ceramic tint will help considerably.

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...