• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro headrests interchangeable?

Highnote1

Hey there. 
I love my seats but have never loved the halo headrests. I get a real “knight rider” vibe from them and always have. These are in perfect shape but I would trade with plain black vinyl or leather if they fit and matched. Anyone have any ideas? Are the posts the same for all styles? 

Anyone want to measure yours for me? Anyone want to trade? Thanks!!7A160973-392D-418B-8C88-EE30B26F45C2.jpeg

The one from my LS-C measures 240mm center to center.  My understanding is that they're interchangeable.

I only have one and it's the factory cloth.  Personally I dig the halos.  I could be interested if you decided to sell them...

Edited by irdave
I can't read a tape measure.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

On their after market seats of that era you could select the headrest style (some even had speakers built in) this would lead you to believe they will interchange. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, Highnote1 said:

So....my posts measure 9 and 3/8 inches apart? I found some e30 recaro headrests and they say posts are 6 and 3/8 and you guys said 140mm which is 5.5 inches. So some differences out there...dang. 

Nope, I was wrong.  240mm c to c.  I'll change it above for posterity.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

1 hour ago, Highnote1 said:

So....my posts measure 9 and 3/8 inches apart? I found some e30 recaro headrests and they say posts are 6 and 3/8 and you guys said 140mm which is 5.5 inches. So some differences out there...dang. 

If you are referring to e30 sport seats, they are not made by Recaro. 

Bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

On 12/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, FunElan said:

My dad worked for Recaro and says the mesh has likely been replaced at some point.

I was gonna say the mesh looks to small, usually the original ones have bigger holes and are sagging by now.Those came from the factory in saleen mustang's and Recaro edition trans ams.