• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Biggest 02 Accomplishment in 2020

Jdddrigot

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, bavariaboy said:

Start 'em young. Be they children or grandchildren.  My children grew up in(well almost according to them) the 1600 first, then our first Bavaria then our first Coupe).  

Love the color and condition. May we see more?

Steve

the car used to belong to @MOJOJOY, but I think most NKs in Bay Area did at some point.

DSC_0598.jpg

20201212_095319.jpg

signal-2020-11-08-151516 (2).jpg

IMG_20201108_185954_419.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

1 hour ago, steve k. said:

not a big one by many standards, but acquired a vintage car with a rear seat belt so that we can install a baby seat20201107_161901.jpg

I remember many years ago flying in a plane (Caravelle?) that had several seats facing the back of the plane. Really weird taking off & landing, not to mention having to stare at the passenger across from you. Hope your baby likes it.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I did lots of projects in 2020. Topping the list would be the Blunt Tech 5-speed shift kit installation. Man, what a HUGE improvement for my car.

But for me, my biggest accomplishment was simply driving the car as much and as hard as I could.

I autocrossed as much as I could (not nearly as much as a normal season) and I got one fantastic track weekend to enjoy -- the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival.

In all, I put enough road miles on the car that I don't want to say how many miles I put on the car, just in case hagerty is watching. ?

And every time I drove the car, I freaked out a little bit, looking out over the hood at the road. "I'm DRIVING A 2002!"

From Garnett

Incidentally, the '63 Porsche below is my pal Sean's car. Sean is the gearhead buddy who hooked me up with our 2002 project, which makes him a pretty cool dude in my book. ?

LGGPPR2020b.jpg

LGGPR2020a.jpg

• Like 9

My biggest accomplishment was the electric fuel pump install under the car in front of the rear axle, which seems to have finally solved my vapor lock problems. And I redid my center console to reinstall the original Audiovox radio and speaker, plus added a dashtop gauge pod.

20200716_192907~01.jpg

And then commemorated the car's 50th "birthday." 

20201129_114710~01.jpg

But I only drove it 400 miles between winter storage, so the goal for 2021 is to drive the poor thing! 

-Dave 

• Like 8

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

How I found it after sitting for 16 years. It needed everything, but somehow no rust. 

IMG_1889.JPG

Through sheer stubborn determination and aggressive misappropriation of resources, I got her running and driving nicely a few months later.

IMG_4207.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

aggressive misappropriation of resources” thanks for that, sounds so much better than when my wife accuses me of wasting money. Actually she paid for the only project on the car that was actually finished in 2020, redoing the seats. Gift or not I’ll still take credit for it since I had to R&R the fronts and fit the rears. 

18942554-9725-4EB8-9B8B-1D7988B74A4A.jpeg

• Like 5

Mine's gotta be FINALLY conquering the throttle linkage dilemma that's been aggravating me for YEARS! Wish I'd gotten to drive it a bit more, but I DID make a very memorable 'final drive' for ~2h in March the last day before we settled in for months of lockdown at least!

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/engine-and-drivetrain/finally-efi-throttle-linkage-r376/

So a couple years ago I had a really nice '72 Tii.  Driving home from a car show with an award in the passenger seat, I got clipped in passenger rear - one thing lead to another and the next thing I knew, everything looked like new again!

During COVID, made everything underneath new and installed the new interior. 

image3.JPG

image1 (3).JPG

IMG_3314.JPEG

IMG_3473.JPG

60928910887__BEFFEF05-FCDD-441F-839A-099ACA0D5036.JPG

IMG_1822.jpg

Tii.JPG

Tii interior.jpg

• Like 8

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC