• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an ebay fraudster??

TNan

Hey FAQers - just wondering whether this could be an ebay fraudster.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1972-BMW-2002/193827131331?hash=item2d20ff4fc3:g:dtUAAOSwr8Vf64ni

- A Tii with no reserve at this price is questionable (TGTBT)
- Nothing comes up on the net while doing a background google search for the contact name and phone number posted:   Mike at Beirut Classics by email : sales@salmadeals.comor phone (587)-785-1717 

Just wondering.

587  is an area code for Alberta Canada.  Beruit is in Lebanon. ESL speaker trying to spell "slam" correctly in his email.

I can't click on the ebay link in your post. Could you repost live so we can click on it.  A tii with no reserve.

The lads and lassies on here will have fun with this one. Or it may be legit and someone may score big.

Steve

It’s not a factory tii. It’s a LHD Euro-spec 2002 manufactured during 1972. The tii engine (or, at least, fuel injection) was added later. (And, yes, I see that the carb snorkel is absent!) Who knows if it’s a fraud? It’s still got 4 hours to run in the auction. Price might rise.

Regards,

Steve

FAD10C23-3D35-4687-9835-6FEC55A69992.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Who knows, it's in Lebanon.  And it's not a tii, it's a tii engine that's been swapped in.

VIN is listed as 3632354.  Kfish is a mess.

Does look like a pretty clean shell though.

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Add states 2002 with upgraded tii motor, not selling as a tii. So their somewhat honest.

I don't know if I would try to import a car from Beirut with all that's going on Covid wise.

I know someone that imported a car from Europe and had a two three month delay.

Not to mention a 87% sales rating and  transportation costs.

Hard pass, to many variables of things that could go wrong.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1972-BMW-2002/193827131331?hash=item2d20ff4fc3:g:dtUAAOSwr8Vf64ni

The car has had some work done. Replacement nose panel, 'late' door panels, engine swap, etc.

With the Motag plate, it would seem the car was originally delivered to Switzerland, before ending up in Lebanon.

The Ebay Seller has some feedback, so he/she is not new.

May not be a scam, but proceed with caution.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

That is not a tii but a 320i E21 engine with Bosch K-jetronic instead of the KF. 125HP, missing the certain 5.

The typical K-jet flow divider is above the battery, a two-way ignition vacuum tin and this ugly throttle body with its awkward lever on top.

No gap for the ignition flashlight and no latches for the airbox. Where is the airbox? Where's the battery??

s-l1600.jpg

Euro 2002s have 200 or 220km/h speedos, never 180. So beware of the mileage. The choke knob is still in place:

s-l1600.jpg

I know of somebody who bought a ceylon 2002 in Lebanon some years ago. It was a real mess with all the paperwork, duty, translations and so on. In days of covid it won't be easier.

Nice body, yeah, but i'd wait for another one.

hen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes thats a 320i engine notice the cold start injector on the back side of the plenum and the injection lines and throttle linkage as Henning pointed out.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944