• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine bay decal

DrA76

Be advised that the engine compartment decals vary by year, language and by destination country.  Make sure you get the correct ones for your car...there should be some archival material on the subject as it's been discussed at length.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

If you are looking for authenticity, be very careful and scrutinize the decals being offered. As noted, there are many variations and many screwed-up copies.

I was fortunate that my original decals were still legible so I could ensure the new ones were as correct as could be.

Even though I requested an Oil Decal showing 6000 km intervals, I was still sent a 7500 km one.

Also note incorrect printing (see pics);-

Über + 30°C is not über - 30°C

Über - 10°C is not unter - 10°C

I did manage to find a correct one after searching.

008.JPG

DSCN3024sm.JPG

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, Icecube76 said:

i am not looking for authenticity , its a matching number car, but with many upgrades. sadly i did not take pictures of the old decals before media blast . 

As Mike said there a numerous previous threads on this.  Try a Search & you'll see some examples that will work for you.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I too was after that fresh decal look and luckily was able to create my own and use the office lazer printer to print onto A4 waterproof sticky backed stock. Not totally to originality... i couldnt resist to add Targa specific naming! ?

Still look good after a couple of years under the bonnet, even a wipe over with damp rag doesnt smudge the ink. 

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Edited by 2002FjordBaur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1