• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I turbo a 1973 2002 tii

Yeehaw By Law
Go to solution Solved by popovm,

I would suggest a 87-92 Toyota supra, buy a non turbo and swap in a 2jzgte from Japan. The motor will bolt in with swap mounts. You can. Build a nice street sleeper for 10k. Or for a little more money you can get a Lexus sc300 which already has the non turbo 2jzge in it and just add turbo. The 2jzgte can easily make 700hp with the stock bottom end.

Evo, FD.  Z3m, either open or closed lid, but they're really small, and neither as fast or easy as the Evo.  And if you live near snow, Evo for sure.

I'll be honest, I went from the s54 to the tii to the s14 in a 2002.  Our cars just really aren't that fast (for the most part.)  Once you get used to them, then they're a lot of fun.  Fun.  Not thrilling, or exciting, but a lot of fun.  If you're young, you probably want thrilling and exciting; I did when I was young.  Now that I'm old, a hot rod 2002 is just fine. (Also not stock.)

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Cpo programs offer great value  Leases offer you a chance to pay to use someone else car.

I would never lease an M2 and attend open track days ($2-300) where you could exceed 3-400 miles on track and you could drive it anywhere with a full array of modern safety equipment to keep you and the ones you love alive.

Or you could hot rod a 50 year old 2002 you own. 

It's a wild ride.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2joejoe2 said:

If I were to build a fun non BMW  vintage car it would be: a early to mid 70s Datsun Z , a datsun 510, a 70s Toyota Celica,  maybe an early RX7.....  you have a lot of options! 

All of those cars are good cars but try and find a decent one for under 10k.

• Like 1

Miatas are pretty similar in handling characteristics and power to weight ratio to a 2002 but are much smaller inside, if your over 6' like me you end up feeling like a canned sardine. Properly modified they can do almost anything. Just have to get over women calling your car cute lol.

2 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

Miatas are pretty similar in handling characteristics and power to weight ratio to a 2002 but are much smaller inside, if your over 6' like me you end up feeling like a canned sardine. Properly modified they can do almost anything. Just have to get over women calling your car cute lol.

lol yeah I am which is why I want to get the convertible version. Obviously this wont be my daily driver I just want a car and can go all out and mod and the miata has a lot of potential and parts are pretty well priced. Other then just searing on marketplace what other good places is there to look for miatas? 

3 hours ago, irdave said:

Small steering wheel, and

Like I said they can do almost anything lol. I like how this fanboy is driving a lifted miata with offroad tires but he doesn't ever leave the pavement in his overly long test drive. Also what's the point of a supercharger if your only going to run 4psi? Also I would have started with the 1.8l engine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Like I said they can do almost anything lol. I like how this fanboy is driving a lifted miata with offroad tires but he doesn't ever leave the pavement in his overly long test drive. Also what's the point of a supercharger if your only going to run 4psi? Also I would have started with the 1.8l engine.

Oh yeah, lots of thing you'd actually do different, but just to realize it's possible is the thing.

I don't fit into Miatas at all, but the Catfish is really interesting...https://flyinmiata.com/FMcontent/catfish/

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.