• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e21 Recaros from Thailand

Leucadian

The original guy no longer does it,been around a year. He moved back to the USA but someone took over the business.

The new person is on Facebook,  "Recaroseatsforsale" is his page.  No idea if he does eBay.  No idea if he is any good.

His pictures look good though but have not seen any reviews.

I was fortunate to get one of the last pairs of Recaros that the original guy made before his move back.

I think his name was Jon and was very upfront about selling the business and knew and recommended the guy that 

now does them.  

Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I bought some Recaro LX seats from him recently.  His name is Jef de Jong and he does good work, and ships via DHL. His FaceBook page is "Recaroseatsforsale"   Here are mine, covered in perforated vinyl- now I just have to figure out how to attach the sliders to the existing mounts!

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6546.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DesertDuck said:

I bought some Recaro LX seats from him recently.  His name is Jef de Jong and he does good work, and ships via DHL. His FaceBook page is "Recaroseatsforsale"   Here are mine, covered in perforated vinyl- now I just have to figure out how to attach the sliders to the existing mounts!

Thanks. I've been messaging with him thru FB. There's been a bit of a language barrier so communication has been a little spotty and I've had a hard time getting direct answers to a few questions. I've only got a price quote on leather. Any reason you decided against leather? But it sounds like the transaction went smooth for you? Did you get matching covers for the rear seats?

51 minutes ago, speyguy said:

Thanks. I've been messaging with him thru FB. There's been a bit of a language barrier so communication has been a little spotty and I've had a hard time getting direct answers to a few questions. I've only got a price quote on leather. Any reason you decided against leather? But it sounds like the transaction went smooth for you? Did you get matching covers for the rear seats?

Went with vinyl because he said that it was easier to work with and that the fit/finish would be better.  I think the original seats were vinyl as well.   Rear seats had already been done locally, and they match well enough.  I didn't experience any issues with a language barrier- he's Dutch, and our written correspondence went ok.  He might be busy, but who knows? 

I paid $1750 which included shipping.  Not super cheap, but I'm pleased with how they turned out.    PM me if you need any additional info.

-Paul

I too recently purchased some recaro lx from the facebook page. Choosing the right material was tricky.  But eventually I found a matching swatch that match my current interior. Overall transaction was smooth. Communication was fluid and delivery was quick. Happy with the results. 

B5B55ED5-206C-4189-A9CC-F1D998BEECC9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...