• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just another Alpina 2002ti in Belgium

halboyles

Interesting...US style license plate lights and rear bumper in an obviously Euro car...

mmike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Well, ok...

It depends.

A '74 1802 remaining an 1802 styled like a ti with correct gauges, color and trim maybe a tribute car.

But way too often we have seen here 1502s and others with swapped ti VINs from crashed or rusted out cars. No idea why the cammer took so much worth on filming the 2002ti badges but with a 12 fuse box and one piece dash it is never a ti.

That's it.

hen

• Haha 2

I'm glad they didn't chop up a real ti to make this tribute car. They made it look like a ti on the outside, which is what most people see. The 12 fuse box and wiring is a better system so I don't mind that so much and try and find a 2 piece dashboard in good condition for a reasonable price. Also not everyone is as knowledgeable on the finer details as us 2002 fanatics. I'm also assuming this was built to be a track day car so safety comes before looks.

Also as far as I know the only 2 surviving Alpina 2002ti race cars are owned by BMW and a private owner in Brazil.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

I'm glad they didn't chop up a real ti to make this tribute car. They made it look like a ti on the outside, which is what most people see. The 12 fuse box and wiring is a better system so I don't mind that so much and try and find a 2 piece dashboard in good condition for a reasonable price. Also not everyone is as knowledgeable on the finer details as us 2002 fanatics. I'm also assuming this was built to be a track day car so safety comes before looks.

Also as far as I know the only 2 surviving Alpina 2002ti race cars are owned by BMW and a private owner in Brazil.

And @markmac! Although I am not 100% sure if his car is a ti. But it is 100% an ("the"?) Alpina factory racecar.

He's on this board - a stunning car.

~JasonP

Edited by JsnPpp
  • Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

1 hour ago, Henning said:

... No idea why the cammer took so much worth on filming the 2002ti badges...

It wasn’t all about the ti badges, Hen... he definitely lingered on the Alpina badge, too... ???

Best regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

13 hours ago, Conserv said:

It wasn’t all about the ti badges, Hen... he definitely lingered on the Alpina badge, too... ???

Best regards,

Steve

Ah, yes. And now that you're mentioning it...  There are further the Sabelts, Cibies, Talbots... Did I forget something?

But for our luck, Steve, there's Bob to judge.

hen

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

And @markmac! Although I am not 100% sure if his car is a ti. But it is 100% an ("the"?) Alpina factory racecar.

He's on this board - a stunning car.

~JasonP

Aside from mine, there are two other factory Alpina 2oo2Ti's here in the states, one up in Washington State and the other in Florida.  I don't recall now whether the BMW NA Alpina car was built by Alpina and then sent over here or if it was put together with Alpina parts by Vasek Polak(?)  I don't recall the history of that car now.  Jeff Hecox' AlpinA 2oo2, is a RHD car and prepared in Hong Kong by a BMW dealer with Alpina parts.  Are there a couple more factory werks cars out there?  Probably.  Assuming those cars do in fact exist, the owners keep them under wraps pretty well.  My car was not a Ti (unless I am wrong) the vin plate that came with it says 2002ti but the number starts with 162xxxx.  According to BMW Archives it is a '69 2oo2 imported to Italy in March of 1969, originally Granada Red (023) which makes sense.  Not sure on how it made it back from Italy to Germany and Alpina....and will probably never know.

856b.jpg

• Like 1

I don't get the impression their trying to pass it off as genuine Alpina.

Anytime I see anything Alpina I think ,   "doubtful"  before I think maybe it could be.

I see a nice 2002 made to look like a race car. Just happens to be Alpina livery. 

Kinda like all the Warsteiner e30 M3's out their.  I know their fake but got damn their cool.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Aside from mine, there are two other factory Alpina 2oo2Ti's here in the states, one up in Washington State and the other in Florida.  I don't recall now whether the BMW NA Alpina car was built by Alpina and then sent over here or if it was put together with Alpina parts by Vasek Polak(?)  I don't recall the history of that car now.  Jeff Hecox' AlpinA 2oo2, is a RHD car and prepared in Hong Kong by a BMW dealer with Alpina parts.  Are there a couple more factory werks cars out there?  Probably.  Assuming those cars do in fact exist, the owners keep them under wraps pretty well.  My car was not a Ti (unless I am wrong) the vin plate that came with it says 2002ti but the number starts with 162xxxx.  According to BMW Archives it is a '69 2oo2 imported to Italy in March of 1969, originally Granada Red (023) which makes sense.  Not sure on how it made it back from Italy to Germany and Alpina....and will probably never know.

856b.jpg

Mark, you owe it to yourself (and us) to recreate this photo once it is done! ?

Also, would love to have a calendar dedicated to your car some day. From early photos to your journey in restoration. Maybe recover a small fraction of your costs.

~Jason

Edited by JsnPpp
  • Like 3

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

3 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

Mark, you owe it to yourself (and us) to recreate this photo once it is done! ?

Also, would love to have a calendar dedicated to your car some day. From early photos to your journey in restoration. Maybe recover a small fraction of your costs.

~Jason

That is a cool (really cool) pic that I don't have (without water mark) it was in a collectibles auction a few months ago, a friend notice the pic after the auction was over.  With BB and the Dr. Fritz Indra who did all the early R&D on the Alpina gear in the early days sitting behind the wheel.....They gave me quite a few of the original images, but not this one.  I should ask if they have (and if I can get a copy), it looks like a Alpina factory photo op to me.  Getting ready to start a hard push to finish the car off....

• Like 2