• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

32/36 choke linkage won't stay attached

jon
Go to solution Solved by John76,

After hard starting in winter, I found that the one inch arm from the choke will not stay attached to rectangular end of the butterfly shaft.  No choke at all.  Problem is that I can not see any way to keep the arm attached to the shaft.  What am I missing?

2 hours ago, John76 said:

Weber or Solex?

If Weber 32/36, then there is a very small clip that holds the vertical rod to the bottom lever. 

Choke linkage.png

The end of the linkage is broken, it should have a hole for a clip like the other side. You could try putting a small washer with some tape to hold it in place temporarily .

• Thanks 1

IMG_1046.JPG

Problem solved thanks to a former 02er who gave me an extra 32/36 carb years ago.  The press-fitted short arm(lower left in photo) to the the butterfly shaft had disconnected from the shaft.  The easiest fix was to transplant that shaft to my carb.  It works.  Thanks for your inputs.  

• Like 2