• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB complete brown/tan interior front/rear doorcards

JWT

You may be new to 2002's judging by your request.  For a 74 model there was no brown color.  You also referred to tan which the closest thing to tan would be the sandbeige, which I showed you.  For the 74-76 range, in my experience for dealing with these cars hands on and not just pictures in a brochure or a book, these were the colors that were available in the US: marine blau (dark blue), schwarz (black), sandbeige (tan), gray (somewhat rare), and red (very rare).  

So unless you want to have an upholsterer stitch something up for you, or want to go with an early model panel that is two tone (with black on the upper portion) your choice in brown would be either saddle (a warm brown kind of like the brown found on synthetic leather footballs and basketballs), tobacco (looks somewhat like a tobacco leaf as  the name implies, with dark striations in the brown) or the very early dark brown found on 67-69 cars (looks like the brown found in a crayola crayon set,Lol).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shermanmartinez said:

You may be new to 2002's judging by your request.  For a 74 model there was no brown color.  You also referred to tan which the closest thing to tan would be the sandbeige, which I showed you.  For the 74-76 range, in my experience for dealing with these cars hands on and not just pictures in a brochure or a book, these were the colors that were available in the US: marine blau (dark blue), schwarz (black), sandbeige (tan), gray (somewhat rare), and red (very rare).  

So unless you want to have an upholsterer stitch something up for you, or want to go with an early model panel that is two tone (with black on the upper portion) your choice in brown would be either saddle (a warm brown kind of like the brown found on synthetic leather footballs and basketballs), tobacco (looks somewhat like a tobacco leaf as  the name implies, with dark striations in the brown) or the very early dark brown found on 67-69 cars (looks like the brown found in a crayola crayon set,Lol).

Correct - I am new to WORKING ON AND RESTORING a crusty 2002 but not at all new to owning and driving them.  I have a rough tii I am working on, I went  through the posts and saw what 1974 interior colors were offered for a Granatrot car and I am going to go with Gobi Brown from World Upholstery (this color is offered by others with different names).  This is by no means a ground up restoration but rather a frame on - do the best you can, restoration and it will be glorious. My other two BMWs have pearl beige and my 3rd (1600-2) has saddle so it seems Gobi will fit in nicely.