• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

in Kali ...... Hwy 1 south of Big Sur washes out

OriginalOwner

What happens when you install a culvert...

but really needed a bridge.

Cool.  That road is hung offa almost nothing, geologically speaking.

And yes, it's a nice drive.  Until someone with a Motor Coach thinks the same thing...

t

get off my road.

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

18 hours ago, JerryC said:

For all of you contemplating that drive, do it. Growing up near Santa Cruz and having gone to college in San Luis Obispo, I probably made that run, sometimes just day trips partway up, 50 times or more. I never got tired of it. That was before my '02s, but my Yamaha 500 made it really fun.

Do some research before you go. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and Pfeiffer Beach are a couple of my favorite stops. The gray whales pass within a couple hundred yards of the rocky point at that beach, I've seen them broaching right there.

Jerry

i agree pch from sb to monterey is probably the greatest driving road in this country

just unbelievable scenery and twists and nature its the best

i had the best drive of my life maybe in my 71 2002 driving up pch from hearst castle to get to monterey in 2016 for monterey car week

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

I had just moved to the west coast and my first drive up PCH was after the ‘82 US F1 GP in Long Beach. Back then, they hadn’t double yellow lined the whole route and you could pass slow traffic. I was in my Toyota Corolla SR-5 5speed and hooked up with someone in an MGB .... we diced it all the way from San Simeon to Monterey... that was a hella drive. 

• Like 1