• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 tii transformation

02Les

It’s in our Registry:

And we’ve discussed it previously:

It was an amazingly-intact example with, however, rust at every seam.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

100% gorgeous. Wow, $83K is a lot of money!

I'd have bead blasted the intake manifold and valve cover to really clean it up and make the engine bay pop. I'd also replace the front strut cover (the black plastic bowl, can't remember what its called). These are small items for the next owner.

Well done none-the-less. Nice to see one come back to the land of the living.

Les, you are a wealth of information!

Edited by JsnPpp
  • Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

1 hour ago, JsnPpp said:

I'd also replace the front strut cover (the black plastic bowl, can't remember what its called).

The proper black strut bearing covers used on roundies have been NLA for many years.  Also, the replacement strut bearings have rubber lips that won't accommodate the caps; when you try to install 'em, the caps split (ask me how I know).

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

25 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

The proper black strut bearing covers used on roundies have been NLA for many years.  Also, the replacement strut bearings have rubber lips that won't accommodate the caps; when you try to install 'em, the caps split (ask me how I know).

mike

Thanks Mike! 

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

1 hour ago, esty said:

i just clicked the above links and saw both ads posted yesterday by Les

The BAT link works fine, it's just the Hemmings that's not working for me. I'm doing something wrong, apparently.

image.png

Jerry

no bimmer, for now