• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: OEM-style 13" Alloys

pzaver

The wheels themselves are are available and not too gonzo expensive... and they're reallllly nice. The center caps are a bit precious though... and I can get OEM lug nuts for them for $2.85 each (you will need new lug nuts if you're going from steel wheels to alloys...the taper / shape is different)

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2581&mospid=47131&btnr=36_0363&hg=36&fg=15

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

3 hours ago, pzaver said:

Thanks Paul!

FPS (Fratelli Pedrini Sarezzo) was the manufacturer for both the period versions (1971-74-ish) and the modern duplicates (1999-ish through today) — I’ve seen a modern set dated 2001, but I believe there are even earlier examples of the modern version. Same great quality and finish for both versions. The biggest difference — “biggest” with tongue-in-cheek — is that the period version says “FPS” on the reverse while the modern version says “FPS” on the face. That’s it. The photo in your original post is of a modern version... ?

I find that the cost of good period set, restored nicely, is about the same as a new set — unless you get an absolute steal on the period set.

That’s it!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

20 hours ago, wegweiser said:

The finish on the new ones is actually FAR BETTER and smoother.

I have both, Paul, and don’t see that difference. Of course, my period versions have been refinished — who knows how many times? — and that may certainly have improved on the original finish.

Back in the early 1970’s, the early OEM alloys were virtually unknown and unseen here in the States, at least where I lived, in southeast Pennsylvania.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)