• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW WIRING HARNESS

Rich

I was watching an episode of Wheler Dealers the other night and Mike and Ant were restoring a TR 7. They needed a new wiring harness and Mike was going back to the UK so he stopped in to see one of his mates, who owns a shop accross the pond that specalizes in making new wiring harnesses. The company is called, Auto Sparks and if I recall correctly it has been around for a long time. It was very interesting to watch how they were being made.  Long story short, if anyone is looking for a new harness check these out,  might just be a good alternative.  autosparks.co.uk

$800. plus is not to bad I guess. States it doesn't come with all the connectors which could be a problem I would think.

I seen another shop sell them for almost 2k, thought that was a bit excessive.

I did see the Wheeler Dealer episode also.  Looked like they did a nice job making them. 

My secret has been outed by Wheeler Dealers.

I found this company 6 years ago after having a bad experience with a German company.

Purchased one for my car and it is good, all ends labeled, but lacks a few connectors that I have sourced elsewhere.

Highest quality.

I had corresponded a LOT with them trying to see if they would make 10+ with a discount, as for a representative for a group buy, but no deal.

They will however reproduce your harness if you send it to them; since there are several permutations for the carburetted cars, the front harness is different than the rears. Also, the round taillight cars will have a different harness and variant with a Tii. With respect to the Tii, the fuel pump wire, as stock is insufficient, and a heavier gauge should be specified for that when you order. Or not, and do it yourself.

8-10 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1