• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN 1971 BMW 2002

Matt Pipkin

Glad you got it back!! There should be enough total value of those cars to have the book thrown at them. 

Yes Matt a few more details would be helpful for all of us to help protect our vehicles. This could help all of us learn something valuable.

Where was you car when it got stolen? How were the thieves able to steal it in plain sight? Any idea on how it was targeted? Was the crew that stole the cars caught or just the cars recovered?  Any tips from law enforcement on how to protect our cars? 

Due to your unfortunate situation, I did start (what seems to be a very short thread) on GPS tracking devices. May be worth it for all of us to have a bit of peace of mind for an initial cost of the device and about $120 bucks a year in service.

Great idea above for dropping a business card etc. and hide it somewhere just in case, because I am sure some pros probably have GPS jammers on them. 

Car alarms anyone?

Thank your lucky stars Matt, because usually once the car makes it into a shipping container, its gone.. 

• Like 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.