• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dashboard Warning Lite---YES or NO?

mac

4 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

This,  When people ask me why I did this or that,or why this color ?

I explain I build my cars for Me not for You.  ?

Your car sucks! ?

So does mine! ?

• Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

hmmm...that fasten seat belt light pod on my dash may be the only thing on my car that is still original.  however, i rewired it as a "low fuel" light.  i am concerned about resale value...should i rewire back to be a seat belt light?

?

• Haha 2

2xM3

My 73tii is a keeper and we are going Euro-sleek on the restoration.  So when Vintage Dashes releases their 2-piece dash, I will leave off the Belt light.  I have the picture knobs to complete the look.  Vintage Dashes will make a standard dash with cut-outs on the reverse for the clock and the warning light if desired.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

5 hours ago, M2M3 said:

hmmm...that fasten seat belt light pod on my dash may be the only thing on my car that is still original.  however, i rewired it as a "low fuel" light.  i am concerned about resale value...should i rewire back to be a seat belt light?

?

I'll give you original list price as payment for your car -- even though it's a squaretail.

:P

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

My 'Fasten Seat Belt' pod became a clock - I bought a cheepo electronic clock with a red LED display, took the guts out of the case, and stuffed it into the space formerly occupied by the lamp.  I buffed out the text and paint mask from inside the pod's face panel (clear red plastic) and ran the three clock leads (+12V, ground, and display) to the connector on the back of the instrument cluster.  This slaved the clock display to the instrument lights, dimming with them.  MUCH more useful as a clock, and it kept very good time.

Looked stock, though not exactly 1970's stock, but as you say, It's my car.  This was one of the many mods I did for driving pleasure, "Aus Freude am Fahren." 

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.