• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB shifter surround for '76 AC console.

norcal02

The unit shown is probably from I.C.E. AIR, a modern knock-off of the original Clardy system. Besides I.C.E. AIR, check out Kooglewerks’ website: they were making a shift surround to fit Clardy/I.C.E. AIR, but with cup holders!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

26 minutes ago, shermanmartinez said:

... pieces that have the same grain in the vinyl as the dashboard...

+1

After living with my ‘76’s Clardy for 45 years, the look of cheap molded plastic is.... still pretty-damned objectionable... ?

I wouldn’t swap it out in my ‘76, however, because it is so much a part of this particular car — my late father helped me install it in my week-old car and couldn’t believe we were drilling big holes in shiny new metal! And it’s always worked great, still on R-12, 45 years later. But, for the ‘73 tii, which came to me with evidence of a Frigiking installation, I would consider nothing but Behr, largely because of its more congenial, and professional, texture!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)