• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I tucked in my 1973 front bumper

Georges

I got a 1972 last month and the PO gave me a pair of 1973 bumper brackets.  Unfortunately, 1973s stick out a little proud. I could have searched for a 1972 pair but I'm cheap and I liked that the 1973s would be more rugged in a crash. The area in red prevents the bracket from tucking up close so I ground it down and welded in a bead as indicated in purple.

IMG_2845_LI.jpg

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

Edited by Georges
  • Like 1

engine small.jpg

Nicely done. I bought the '72 brackets for my '73. Just need to get motivated. What did you do with the bumper wings? Isn't there an attachment bolt that will now sit further towards the rear of the car? Did u drill some new holes in the fenders?

On 3/26/2021 at 10:32 PM, man_mark_7 said:

Nicely done. I bought the '72 brackets for my '73. Just need to get motivated. What did you do with the bumper wings? Isn't there an attachment bolt that will now sit further towards the rear of the car? Did u drill some new holes in the fenders?

This,  need a side view