• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S14 Equipped 2002 on BAT

Tdh

4 minutes ago, jimk said:

He is either about to run out of brake fluid or it needs a brake fluid refresh/bleed

Yikes...

1972_bmw_2002_s14_e30_m3_1616519831bc801

• Sad 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

2 minutes ago, zinz said:

Yikes...

1972_bmw_2002_s14_e30_m3_1616519831bc801

Notice there is no "Low Level" float/contact on the cap, so it needs monitoring.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

2 hours ago, zinz said:

Interesting fabrication to fit the Getrag 265 and the header.

1972_bmw_2002_s14_e30_m3_1616520663c801f

It looks like an interesting solution. A poorly-executed, or, at minimum, sloppily-executed solution, but an interesting solution nonetheless. I wonder how noticeable the passenger floor is. If well-done, you might hardly notice a floor that’s 2” higher than stock on the passenger side.

Best regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

2 hours ago, zinz said:

Interesting fabrication to fit the Getrag 265 and the header.

1972_bmw_2002_s14_e30_m3_1616520663c801f

Hmm- is there an interior pic of passenger foot well?  Hope the welds for the tranny mounts are properly done.

• Sad 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

What's up with the two tone paint jobs lately? This one looks bad in my opinion, the red and gray don't go well together and I'm betting they just painted over the red and rust on the lower rockers. The floor modifications are a good idea but poorly executed. I'm glad they added 2 VDO gauges but wish the hadn't attached them to the dash. I also don't like the fuel pump and filter in the trunk and what's the washer bottle with red liquid? Methanol injection?

I really like this mistake: "Adjustable front upper control arms and lower camber plates". I'm assuming they meant front upper camber plates and rear lower adjustable control arm bushings.

I couldn't find any information on the mileage of the e30 M3 drivetrain.

All in all I would say if it goes cheap enough some will have a start to a decent M2 or 2302 or whatever you want to call it lol. If I bought it I would start by going over the drivetrain with a fine tooth comb, then I would address the shoddy floor modifications. And finally return the car to its original red or another single color paint job.

• Like 2

S14 in a 2002

Always makes someone spread'em wide open- as in the sides of your wallet. No matter how it was built.  

No safety wire bolts used on them struts. Plus the high pressure fuel pump assembly is inside the trunk.  Makes ya say Hmmm? 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1

But what do I know

@conkitchen,

totally agree.  The bids will take off like a rocket.  The peanut gallery is already singing it’s praises.  2002+S14 on Bat=$.

@2002iii,

Man I was wondering the same thing about the washer bottle in the trunk.  Sure does look like boost juice to me.   if that’s what it is, seems like it would be easier to just run octane booster in the fuel.  I also think the floor pan mod is complete crap.  It looks like a mod on a ‘Lemons car. 

Edited by Tdh
  • Like 1

That's a racey- car trick- 'floor can be modified to allow minimum track clearance for muffler or exhaust tubing'

'floor can be modified to fit alternate muffler only'

and similar verbiage.

Odd dumper- very 'anti- collector' in flow...

And the clutch is going to stop working at some point relatively soon, too,

as it gets air into it.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

16 hours ago, 2002iii said:

What's up with the two tone paint jobs lately? This one looks bad in my opinion, the red and gray don't go well together and I'm betting they just painted over the red and rust on the lower rockers. The floor modifications are a good idea but poorly executed. I'm glad they added 2 VDO gauges but wish the hadn't attached them to the dash. I also don't like the fuel pump and filter in the trunk and what's the washer bottle with red liquid? Methanol injection?

I really like this mistake: "Adjustable front upper control arms and lower camber plates". I'm assuming they meant front upper camber plates and rear lower adjustable control arm bushings.

I couldn't find any information on the mileage of the e30 M3 drivetrain.

All in all I would say if it goes cheap enough some will have a start to a decent M2 or 2302 or whatever you want to call it lol. If I bought it I would start by going over the drivetrain with a fine tooth comb, then I would address the shoddy floor modifications. And finally return the car to its original red or another single color paint job.

14 hours ago, conkitchen said:

S14 in a 2002

Always makes someone spread'em wide open- as in the sides of your wallet. No matter how it was built.  

No safety wire bolts used on them struts. Plus the high pressure fuel pump assembly is inside the trunk.  Makes ya say Hmmm? 

Vdo gauges on dash... That is the perfect place for them.  Up where they can be seen.  Gauges in center console are useless decorations.

Fuel pump in trunk.  Great place for it.  It is in probably the safest part of the car between the shock towers.  As long as loose stuff isn't carried in trunk to hit the pumps....

Safety wire on strut bolts is  completely unnecessary.  That is what locktite is for.

Brake fluid is a problem, as is the lack of coolant in the expansion tank.

Yellow caps on on TB adjustment screws may mean the engine is low mile.  Those were the color from the factory.  They break off if TB's are adjusted.  Official replacements are blue, although yellow ones are available if you know where to look.

Not overly impressed with the car.  Looks like a "cars and coffee special".  Make it pretty and with a few performance details.

Edited by M2M3

2xM3

The yellow caps just made me think that the TB's have never been sync'ed.

The... solution for the extended clutch slave line may be the source of the low brake fluid level.

A good buy at $10K.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

55 minutes ago, M2M3 said:

Vdo gauges on dash... That is the perfect place for them.  Up where they can be seen.  Gauges in center console are useless decorations.

Fuel pump in trunk.  Great place for it.  It is in probably the safest part of the car between the shock towers.  As long as loose stuff isn't carried in trunk to hit the pumps....

Safety wire on strut bolts is  completely unnecessary.  That is what locktite is for.

Brake fluid is a problem, as is the lack of coolant in the expansion tank.

Yellow caps on on TB adjustment screws may mean the engine is low mile.  Those were the color from the factory.  They break off if TB's are adjusted.  Official replacements are blue, although yellow ones are available if you know where to look.

Not overly impressed with the car.  Looks like a "cars and coffee special".  Make it pretty and blow off performance details.

I agree on the placement of the gauges but was more concerned with the cheap metal bracket that is most likely screwed into an otherwise very nice looking dash.

I would prefer to have an in tank  fuel pump and a filter next to the tank under the car or put that fuel pump and filter underneath the car below the rear passenger seat like the factory tii fuel pump.

Safety wire can't hurt but most people use unlock nuts and/or loctite.

The yellow caps can be replaced like you said so they don't mean much. I would want to see a picture of the head with the valve cover off before I spent a bunch off money.

Definitely not very impressive when you look closely. This is what I'd call a 15ft car, from 15ft away it looks really good, but the closer you get the more things you notice are wrong with it.

Edited by 2002iii