• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering contact - phone is always direct to busy

WRKO

Toby,  Andrew is the guy you’d want to talk to.  He’s the guy who replaced me after I left.  He’s my age and has been around 2002’s for a long time.  His taking over the business after Jeff’s retirement is a good transition.  It’s a big relief to see the business transition to a fellow enthusiast versus being swallowing up by ECS Tuning.  

Given how valuable space is here in SoCal,  FuzzyCamel was asked to remove his multiple non-running cars and associated parts from the Ireland Engineering property where Jeff had let camel keep them for the last couple years.  

Again, happy to see the business transfer to an enthusiast.  While there is inevitably going to be some bumps in the transition, I’m confident that IE is on the way to being bigger and better part of the community.... especially seeing some of the projects in the works.  I’d hate to see the narrative controlled by someone who has been freeloading for a while and must understandably feel jilted upon being asked to leave.  I wish him the best of luck finishing his first 2002 race car. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What IE has going for them is they have things no one else does.  Or at least, can obtain.

But, unless they are intentionally embracing the soup nazi mode of customer service, their service is vey poor indeed.

Placed an order about 3 months ago for something I was told would take a month or so b/c it is made to order out of house.  Totally fine.  Knew what I was getting into.

BUT, when it finally showed up, the work order they included in the shipment very clearly wrote in hand when it was received by them... a *full month* before it they shipped it.  Why do that?  I'm cool waiting for a special part. But when they just let something sit a full month before getting around to ship it to someone they know their project is waiting on them for?  That says a lot.

If there is only one store in town with what you need, you are going to buy it there even if you don't really want to.  But if someone else has it, you are heading down the road.  IE does in fact have some things you cannot really get anywhere else.  But not everything...

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

2 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Toby,  Andrew is the guy you’d want to talk to.  He’s the guy who replaced me after I left.  He’s my age and has been around 2002’s for a long time.  His taking over the business after Jeff’s retirement is a good transition.  It’s a big relief to see the business transition to a fellow enthusiast versus being swallowing up by ECS Tuning.  

Given how valuable space is here in SoCal,  FuzzyCamel was asked to remove his multiple non-running cars and associated parts from the Ireland Engineering property where Jeff had let camel keep them for the last couple years.  

Again, happy to see the business transfer to an enthusiast.  While there is inevitably going to be some bumps in the transition, I’m confident that IE is on the way to being bigger and better part of the community.... especially seeing some of the projects in the works.  I’d hate to see the narrative controlled by someone who has been freeloading for a while and must understandably feel jilted upon being asked to leave.  I wish him the best of luck finishing his first 2002 race car. 

Andrew, I dont know where you're getting your fake news from, but let me punch you in the face with some truths.

"Given how valuable space is here in SoCal,  FuzzyCamel was asked to remove his multiple non-running cars and associated parts from the Ireland Engineering property where Jeff had let camel keep them for the last couple years".  

I had no "non running cars" parked at IE. Jeff let me park my B9 there as a favor. It's an extra car that was more convenient to park there than at home. Parts kept there was also a favor of Jeffs. I never worked officially for IE. I worked and continue to work for him directly on his race cars and for personal projects, developing and modifying race car related items.

"has been freeloading for a while and must understandably feel jilted.."

"freeloading"

See above.

"jilted upon being asked to leave".

I left after gathering up my belongings and my race car. I left when Jeff left. What reason would I have to continue to be there? As I said, I worked for Jeff directly, not IE. Use your common sense, guy.

" I’d hate to see the narrative controlled by someone who..."

You left a long time ago. I began to help Jeff shortly after you left. I left only recently. I know everything that has gone on there because I WAS THERE. You weren't. Yet you make assumptions and offer here-say. Anyone can ask me anything they want about IE, and I'll tell them the truth. What do you know about the daily ins and outs at IE? Nada. Stay out of things you are not a part of.

My Race car is finished, and proud of it. 

Both Jeff and I share a space not far from IE, tinkering on our cars, contemplating if it's too early to have a beer, talking about his new boat, etc. Jeff trusts me and respects my opinions and ability. It's why we continue to hang out at the shop and the track. 

I don't need to apologize to anyone, least of all to someone who posts slanderous assumptions with no basis in reality.

Comment on something you actually know about, for the good of the forum, Andrew.

Edited by Furry Camel

Yikes.. Antony

Maybe I'm mistaken, but for never having worked on the business end (by your own admission) you seem to have spent a good portion of this thread making statements about said business operations (hence my intervening comment).  Look at us, commenting on things we "don't know anything about"!  Lesson learned, I hope....the cherry on top was your expletive-filled Easter Sunday private message.  

Hoping we can get back to enjoying 2002's and not more drama .... for the good of the forum.  Hope Jeff and Dennis are having fun with the new boat.

• Like 1

Yes I sold the business to Andrew Thorum.  I sold the assents of the corporation not the corporation.  This is standard procedure.  Andrew has his own corporation but has the right to use Ireland Engineering Motorsport name, website etc.  Should be business as usual.

I am still helping with tech questions.  You can still use my email address to ask questions.

Jeff Ireland

• Like 13

Jeff, 

it has been great working with you!!!

Good Lucy in doing whatever you do next!!
I’d still like to get one of your IE brand DCOE manifolds.

bob

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

I like Andrew Thorum. Been dealing with him for years, and will continue to deal with him. 

I don't particularly care for the Antony/AA beef. Let's leave that to the privacy of your messages or late night texts. 

I'm stoked on the future of IE. I want one of those 2.3L stroker m10 kits. 

• Like 2

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Placed a small order of about $150 on March 26th, got order complete/proccesed email on April 2nd, received parts in SF Bay area on April 8th. 2 weeks from order to delivery for a business being run by a new owner and most likely new staff in these trying Covid times isn't bad in my book. 

Since your order is bigger and probably more complicated I would give them some slack. Try emailing them and politely asking for an update on your order. 

5 hours ago, halboyles said:

That road into the cold, barren distance looks rather inauspicious:

https://www.iemotorsport.com/products/2002-parts/

Hopefully the opposite.  If everything is AFU, sometimes one has to stop to get it sorted out.  Let us hope that this is the beginning of a new era for IE, maybe like the olden days some of us newbs have heard about from you old farts that have been here since before time itself.  Genuinely hoping for the best for IE.

• Like 5

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.