• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone in central Ohio know these?

jscaptura1

https://barnfinds.com/stash-of-rare-bmws-e28-m5-2002-tii-and-323i/

My son just sent me this article and was wondering if anyone here is familiar with these?  They all look pretty interesting!

• Like 1

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

13 minutes ago, jscaptura1 said:

https://barnfinds.com/stash-of-rare-bmws-e28-m5-2002-tii-and-323i/

My son just sent me this article and was wondering if anyone here is familiar with these?  They all look pretty interesting!

Don't know anything about these, accept someone had good taste in BMW's and is probably going to make a good chunk of change on these.

• Like 1

No kidding!  Those are 3 serious collector cars!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

The plates are from Franklin county (Columbus) and are all several series back, so either havn't been on the road for quite a while (the license plates on the tii and the 323 were superseded by the Ohio Bicentennial plate in 2003).  The tii has aftermarket front seats, an oddly enough for a car that was originally Taiga, a blue back seat and black door panels.  Too bad it was repainted.  Taiga is a rare color on a roundie.  

Wonder what it will take to get a Kugelfisher back among the living after a 20 year slumber...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

14 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

The plates are from Franklin county (Columbus) and are all several series back, so either havn't been on the road for quite a while (the license plates on the tii and the 323 were superseded by the Ohio Bicentennial plate in 2003).  The tii has aftermarket front seats, an oddly enough for a car that was originally Taiga, a blue back seat and black door panels.  Too bad it was repainted.  Taiga is a rare color on a roundie.  

Wonder what it will take to get a Kugelfisher back among the living after a 20 year slumber...

mike

It says somewhere that all 3 cars have been stored since 1996.

If the car was drained of gas and stored properly it might not take too much to revive it.

I would be more worried about all the rubber bushings and seals.

7 hours ago, 02Les said:

Charles posted a link to the tii auction a while earlier....

Sorry about that, I looked for it thinking it must have been posted before but must have missed it.