• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB This Under Hood Sticker

bavariaboy

Steve,

These emissions tuning stickers are year-specific and tii vs. non-tii specific. I don’t know whether automatic and manual transmission cars shared the same stickers. So there are lots of versions. Probably on account of this, no one has traditionally duplicated them.

The Polish firm, Car Bone, among many others, can duplicate them. I had them duplicate one for my ‘76 in November 2017. Here it is before its installation on my car.

Regards,

Steve

E67DA5C1-E473-467F-9F56-43F77996F2D6.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 4/16/2021 at 8:00 PM, bavariaboy said:

... Lovely repro.  Any domestic companies do this? Your sticker looks like mine. May I use your photo? How do they get the correct size?  Might they have a file from yours where they can just print one up?...

Hey, Steve,

First, I suspect an almost infinite number of domestic companies and individuals are capable of doing this — just.... not me, or you! ?

Feel free to use the photo. I provided that and my source so you could possibly ask them if they can find the artwork, which might get you better pricing. The gentleman with whom I dealt, however, is no longer with CarBone.

Note that the sticker ends at the edge of the black background. The white border is not part of the sticker. This reproduced version is 3.00” x 4.827”. I measured my original sticker, which had different measurement from this, 3.125” x 4.375”. But I also measured a couple more examples — this particular sticker appears to be in particularly-bad condition on most cars — and found they were in the same general vicinity, but each had different measurements (every batch appears to have differed somewhat from the previous batches). I cannot recall which original measurement I gave CarBone, but this is how it turned out.

Best regards,

Steve

403F1E9A-3454-4332-AA6F-897F9F888F0C.jpeg

I got mine from Rogers.  Not sure if he has them for non-tii cars, but worth checking before you go to the trouble of having one custom made.

https://www.rogerstii.com/bmw-2002tii-usa-emissions-sticker/

Good luck!

Crash

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black

16 hours ago, Crash513 said:

I got mine from Rogers.  Not sure if he has them for non-tii cars, but worth checking before you go to the trouble of having one custom made.

https://www.rogerstii.com/bmw-2002tii-usa-emissions-sticker/

Good luck!

Crash

Certainly worth checking, but I believe he only has the 1973 tii version — which is, itself, different from the 1972 and 1974 tii versions... ?

Regards,

Steve