• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 tii

tboucher

Price: $26000

Description:

1974 BMW 2002 tii.    I purchased this in April, 2003 from a seller in Irvine, CA and shipped to NH.   I was looking for rust free example and from pictures I could see that. The car needed paint and interior was rough but ran well.  I know it was close to 20 years ago but my recollection is the seller had done quite a bit of front end work but cannot find any paperwork for that.  The restored Cromodora wheels were purchased from seller also.
I had the engine replaced with what was represented as a low mileage engine that that seller  had purchased from BMW as NOS 2002 tii engine.  Not a rebuild.   I have minimal documentation to back this up but the engine has great compression, runs great and does not leak oil.  The place where the VIN is stamped on the engine is blank which ties into the story.
When the engine was installed in 2004 I also had installed a new clutch water pump, starter, alternator and seals.
Maintenance highlights:
Heater core and fan motor replaced in 2004.  Front struts done 2004
Complete paint in 2004 which included refinishing entire body, including door jams, under hood, in truck and under trunk lid.  At the time all gaskets were replaced.  All moldings and chrome replaced as well as emblems, grill, directional lights, rear license plate bracket and lights.  
Front and rear seats were redone including new foam and springs.  Rear shelf pad was also covered at the time.
Cold start injector and relay replaced in 2015/2016.
New tires and battery and fuel hoses (not injection lines) done in 2018
Original full factory manual with supplement for fuel injection included with sale.
The car is a great driver and looks great also.  Garage kept and never driven in winter (except in the driveway for pictures).  

More pictures on request.

Tim Boucher

bouchertim5@gmail.com  

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

engine bay 2.jpg

engine bay 4.jpg

trunk.jpg

DSC_0076-1-1024x684.jpg

DSC_0002-2-1-1024x684.jpg

DSC_0011-2-1024x684.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.  The car was on consignment with the dealer that listed it.  The market was different then and reserve was low but not as low as the last bid.   I thought of doing something last spring but COVID hit and I decided to wait.  Retiring and need to thin the herd as they say.   This is the first ad i have put out there on my own.