• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap & Show 2021 -  500 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, California, 94005 - 10/02/2021 12:00 AM

layers

Event Title: Swap & Show 2021

Event Location: 500 Sierra Point Parkway, Brisbane, California, 94005
Event Author: layers
Event Date: 10/02/2021 12:00 AM

Swap & Show Announcement 2021

BayArea 02 Swap & Show, 2 October 2021, Marina at Brisbane, California.  As before, the address is 500 Sierra Point Parkway, along the Bay on the North side of Sierra Point. Preregister on Motorsportreg (watch this site for a link, perhaps in June).  Preregistration is $25 while the on-site fee on 2 October will be $30.  Kile Brekke continues to show his artistic flare with the graphics and has again added his art for our T-shirts and printed materials; we expect the shirts, posters and cards to be popular once again!  Please preregister early to help us plan.

Note— Swap & Show visitors are welcome!  If you do not show your car or swap parts there is no fee for entry.  But we strongly encourage anyone with a BMW of our classic vintage to bring your car to display.  No matter how mundane your daily driver (it’s surprising how photogenic dirt, rust, crazed paint and other signs of age can be) or how social-media-ready your restoration looks.  We do NOT judge your car so there will be no points for extra dirt, missing dirt, artistic (!?) rust or even matching luggage.  We smile at all BMW's and photographs or videos are welcome (but NO drones over cars)!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/bay-area-02-swap-show-21-city-of-brisbane-marina-group-933571

Swap & Show Announcement_just 2021 210419.doc

Swap & Show 2021

Edited by layers
  • Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

• 2 weeks later...

Hi--

Thanks for participating and posting your 2 photos.  I created a photo page for today's drive [

and I encourage you to post all of your photos there (you can see I borrowed your first photo to create the gallery).  I'll make a comment on my first post in the '02discussion forum, asking all drivers to post theirs, too.  It's fun to look at them!

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

• layers changed the title to Swap & Show 2021_500 Sierra Point Pkwy, Brisbane Ca 94005
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone--

We had a great show today, I think the most cars ever!  Please post your photos to [https://www.bmw2002faq.com/gallery/category/10-images/] so we can all see them--thanks.

Edited by layers
Add link to gallery page
  • Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Larry,

Do you have a count of cars that showed up today?  I recall about 120 showed up at the 2019 gathering.

Great event, perfect weather, wonderful assortment of 2002s to see all  in one place.

Glad to see the interest in our "special little cars" growing...especially with the younger crowd!

Sorry, so busy chatting with fellow owners that I didn't have time to take any pictures.

My bad!

John

Hi John--

I'll know more tomorrow after I look at the number of uncollected bags.  We had 106 preregistrations and 34 walk-ins.  Plus some (but not all) sponsors.  I will guess right now that about 20 preregistrants did not show up which would suggest 120 cars.  But looking down the rows of cars I think there were more 2002's and somewhat fewer CS's and 4-doors but overall more cars than before.  Trying to count cars is a moving target as some arrive while others leave.

If you even have a couple of photos please post them--thanks!  I saw lots of cameras today but no photos so far.

Update: we have just 10 uncollected participant bags, indicating there were 130 cars.  I'm not sure how many registered cars decided to park in the lot rather than on the lawn (I know of at least 2), but the lawn seemed pretty full to me.

Edited by layers
Add estimate for # of participants

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

• Administrators

Awesome event. Loved it. So much fun talking to great people. Some old friends, some new friends. Brisbane Marina is one of he greatest show spots.

I added some photos from my phone. I will need to go through my camera to see what people did with it.

Steve

signal-2021-10-02-094252.jpg

• Like 2

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

golf73 said: Looks like they stopped irrigating the lawns in Brisbane?

You are correct, at least this piece of lawn.  Brisbane Turfmeister Joe Friars told me a couple of weeks ago their sprinkler controller for this area failed; they plan to install a new one and new sprinkler heads this Winter.  Joe also said the grass will grow back and I saw evidence of that yesterday with about double as many green sprouts as I saw last Wednesday when I marked spots on the lawn with chalk.  We expect to see a lot more green grass at our next Swap & Show (maybe next May?).

• Like 2

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga