• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 sighting ?? Sunset Strip, 1979

I never cease to be amazed when looking at car photos from decades ago:  so often there is a VW bug in it.  And this photo is no different, I'm thinking I see 2 of 'em in this picture of the Sunset Strip in 1979.

BUT ..... in the same photo, over to the right ..... is that a squaretail 2002 I see ???   Here is the photo URL which can be zoomed in and out ...........

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-voHtaCgBi5Bvq40UraFuCtbPHq25IF35-TCv2up2q84MIJyylaf6bZt3CiSVnEr4OstHGQ2SvOzuBlPC52QM-g/messages/@.id==ABneIqkA54-tYH5Q2gOxUDC1elA/content/parts/@.id==2/thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

I've been staring at it quite a bit ....... what do you think:  a 2002 ???

image.png

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 1

Taillights look too wide to me, Carl. In fact, the whole car looks too wide. That said, not the crispest photo, so maybe motion, or the printing, has led to this “widening”...

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The car directly behind it kind of looks like a Bavaria!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Yes I agree, the car in question is an early 70s Alfa spider and one behind it is a Peugeot sedan!

Whats fascinating other than Cher is that Dark Malaga colored car in front of the orange pickup truck! Can’t even guess what that is. Almost like an early 911 but no...

1 hour ago, resra said:

Yes I agree, the car in question is an early 70s Alfa spider and one behind it is a Peugeot sedan!

Whats fascinating other than Cher is that Dark Malaga colored car in front of the orange pickup truck! Can’t even guess what that is. Almost like an early 911 but no...

@resra could potentially be a fiat 124 that looks rounder than it actually is

• Thanks 1