• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't drive in the rain...

NYNick

1 hour ago, halboyles said:

That is exactly why I drill and tap threads for a small set screw in the body of the wiper arm head to lock it to the ribbed spindle.

Now you tell me!

• Haha 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

Years ago, just after I bought my car, I drove 6 or 7 miles on I-5 in the pouring rain. I exited the interstate and parked the car at the end of an off-ramp, where my p/s wiper promptly fell off and came to rest on the hood. That little incident prompted me to change the arms’ positions. As seen in the pic below a PO had installed them reversed.

It’s a wonder I didn’t lose the arm while going 60 mph...

4C4E9DBB-C25D-4331-9DBB-815654A55D1C.jpeg

Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

3 hours ago, fjord-tii said:

RainX helps. It was developed for airplanes. I use it on every vehicle and helmet visor after driving open cars.

Aquapel is even better. Lasts a ton longer and seems more hydrophobic that RainX.

I should know being from the Pacific "Northwet"....  Many times there is no need to even turn on the wipers.

I  still see clearly even with a Semi in front of me blowing a thick cloud of foggy wetness....

• Like 3

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

My Grandfather told me he used to wipe a cut potato on the taxi cab windshield s he used to drive in San Francisco, as wipers had not been invented yet.......back in '10...... 1910. He was 14 at the time........

Isn't that the same??

They also had call boxes on the street corners to hail a cab. You know, the antique version of Uber. What is old is new again!

But I digress.

Seriously, I have used that Rain X since it was "NEW". Found I could even have the sunroof open and the wipers off at highway speeds in the Summertime thunderstorms.

Will have to seek out Aquapel.... maybe it's made from potatoes..

• Like 1

With Aquapel,  just beware it doesn't apply like RainX. Don't let it dry before you wipe it off.  You crack the inner container on the applicator before you put it on, a little puff of smoke comes out of it then you wipe it on the windshield. Makes me feel like I am  in a scene from Harry Potter. There usually is plenty of solution to the the back window and the sides at times as well. 

It lasts a very long time before you need to reapply it. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.