• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header and exhaust source - stock?

Overdraft
Go to solution Solved by Mark92131,

All.  I am on the hunt for a header and exhaust for my car but the system I wanted to get from RogersTii is not available for some time yet.  Could anyone point me to a vendor (maybe with a sound clip :) ) who could provide me with a nice conservative European sound option?  

Thank you.

1973 BMW 2002 Restomod - Fjord Blue on Nutmeg 

Update...here is my car insitu...suggestions to make this right...exhaust is a Dynaflow which doesn’t sound all that bad. How do I route around the gas tank to meet the depression in the rear fascia?

A5122134-5A9D-4398-A975-663E470A9B29.jpeg

A1E0EBBB-8AF6-4DF2-BCCE-F3DFA3FE44CB.jpeg

• Solution

To make what you have work, you need to reposition the muffler so the outlet shifts towards the notch, reposition the hanger and fab a new exhaust outlet.  Doable with the right equipment and skills.

Mark92131

IMG_0111.jpeg

Edited by Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Thank you all for your posts.  At this point I am excited to get the car on the road so asking the shop to rotate the muffler and fabricate an outlet as Mark92131 has suggested...drive and assess. It’s the first time I laid eyes on the car despite having bought it six weeks ago.  Some transmission oil and engine oil showing up on on the underside that I have to sort through...but the body - frame - is clean clean clean - really outstanding..and it runs beautifully.  The car was in California all its life....and we don’t see undercarriages of 50 year old cars looking like that here.  

• Like 1

Just one photo...but up close it looks almost as nice as it appears in the picture here....and checks a box in the column where you can still buy site unseen from strangers if your instinct tells you that you can.   I think the 2002 is one of the coolest platforms ever done in a car but I am not focused on a restoration or preservation project.  I am setting a long term plan out for the car but it will be a conservative restomod....lower slightly with Eibach springs - Alpina type wheels (15") - install ALL the chrome upper and rocker moldings on it.  It already has an M10 motor out of a 320 with a five speed..so maybe a header...maybe not.  The interior is Tabaco color and really cool.  I was going to swap in Recaros and such but decided to keep the OEM seats for now because they are in beautiful condition.  Will repair the cracked dash....do a retro looking radio with blue tooth...exhaust still sorting through as you have read....simply open up the sunroof and enjoy.  There will always be little projects on it to do so in my garage to occupy spare time - but not dominate my weekends as I still like to golf....and it will be a wicked machine to drive to the course.  I like it a lot.   

BMW732002IMGdelivery.jpg

Edited by Overdraft
  • Like 5